£1,050 to spend on I.C.E for my GP, Advice please :)

Currently reading:
£1,050 to spend on I.C.E for my GP, Advice please :)

First post in this section, so hello to all.

Right, I've got no idea when it comes to I.C.E this is where you all come in lol.

I'm wanting to
Replace my front 165mm speakers
Replace the tweeters (don't know size of tweeters for the GP?)
Replace rear 130mm speakers
Replace original head unit with a touchscreen head unit for DVD's - Preferably one with bluetooth as i've been told blue and me doesn't work with new head units?

Thanks

Right, I've got no idea when it comes to I.C.E this is where you all come in lol.

Did you win a comp or something as:
£1,050 to spend on I.C.E for my GP

Is very specific if you dont know anything about ice, spending that amount you'll need to check that your insurance will still cover you.

Willing to go second hand?

2nd hand £1050!

lol oh yeah, the whole point of changing the sound system is for the sub lol. So yeah subs and amps aswell please lol.

The figure comes from what i've saved for it, but now i'll only spend £999.99 as my insurance cover me upto this ammount undeclared :D (Just checked)

Tom

Gonna have to have a rethink on the HU - I know of no decent touchscreen DVD HU that will do bluetooth as well, or any HU come to think of it - I can't seem to find one for sale either...

Chaos, there's now loads of HU's that use bluetooth now, i've got a list somewhere will post when i've found it lol.

I want the touch screen as I'll be doing alot of long journeys and want to keep the passengers happy, aswell as it making it easier for me to control the sound system and my Ipod.

I've been looking for a sub aswell, not a 15" as I don't really need it, but a 12" would do nicely. - Dumb question probs but what an active sub, and a passive (i'm guessin its something to do with the power to them?)

Amp's, well I've looked at the FLI 800s but tbh don't know what I'm looking at lol.

Cheers guys.

Chaos, there's now loads of HU's that use bluetooth now, i've got a list somewhere will post when i've found it lol.

I couldn't find any bluetooth touchscreen DVD units, I either missed them or the site I visited don't stock them.

it would be illegal to have the headunit screen playing a dvd or something like that whilst you are driving as it is in the view of the driver. although with the right headunit you could get a sat-nav system uploaded onto it.

nope checked the law, aslong as it's not in direct view as in aimed at me and i'm not the only one in the car its fine. Plus it would be hard for anyone to see me driving with it on. - Alot of the new HU not just the ones with dvd monitors have moving images on them now. No difference. However I'm never going to drive and watch a dvd - I mean c'mon why watch a dvd when I can speed through the open roads instead :p

Also i bought the Road Angel Sat Nav 7000 series last month so don't need it for that, thanks for your input tho.

Tom

Any decent touch screen DVD gonna cost too much for your budget but look at Blaupunkt cos they always got some weird ways of connecting extra things to the car.

cheers for the input, however I can get all the parts at really low prices, thanks to working at a garage a while ago, so its all almost at cost. I can get the Pioneer AVIC-X1 for £949.99 :D but it would leave me no money for anything else, so i'm looking at the Kenwood KVT-729DVD Touchscreen instead, also I've already got a Road Angel navigator so the screens just for the sound control and dvd's really.
Thanks again lads, appreciate it.
Tom

Back