Styling *"£$%&$ Flexi Joint

Currently reading:
Styling *"£$%&$ Flexi Joint

cainy1989

4.5k for insurance :O
is there a fool proof way to tell if my flexi joint has a leak? only reason Im asking as i was taking a peek under the car trying to fathom out why the frick both tyres are wearing more on the outside edge when I thought well im down here i will check the exhaust, the entire underside of the flexi joint from the down pipe is covered in what looks like black soot, I would assume if theres no leak then the joint should be clean....or am I wrong?

no idea where it is located, but you could try something along the lines of spraying a soapy solution onto it and check for bubbles... (Try this on a cold engine (exhaust) so that it doesnt boil as soon as it comes in contact with the exhaust and fools you;) )

Or check when it's dark, a decent torch (not LED) will highlight any smoke coming out. Also, with the engine cold & just started, you should be able to run your hand over the pipe (not on it but very close) and feel the exhaust gas being pushed out.

cheers guys, will give it ago when it stops peeing down, seems everything is falling off it at the minute, my climate control has now decided to turn my passenger side into barbados....but only when the engine is running

checked underneath, its more than blowing, its near completely split seems to be split on the downpipe end, if you rev the car you can see the front section moving up and down with the revs, does seem a bit odd that its gone with less that 50k miles on the car, would the movement indicate an engine mount has gone or something? will try and upload a video when can next get under it

I think mines just gone aswell!!

I knew they where a bit of an issue on the stilo, just seems everything needs doing at once, need to work out whats caused it to go at such a low millage, needs fixing for MOT, but i dont want to spend out if its only going to last a few thousand miles, I do about 1000-1500 miles pm

Last edited:
Quite a lot of things are going a bit mental for me too.
Blower fan has started making a ticking noise and there's a really annoying rattle behind the dash somewhere, which is probably related to the fan.

Nothing too bad though, just general annoyances :p

Blower fan has started making a ticking noise

Both me and a mate have had this issue for yonks, seems to be a common issue - neither of our local Fiat garages could fix it. I find momentarily turning the blowers up to 11 and then turning them back down cures it temporarily, if you hadn't figure it out.

well buypartsby dont stock the bloomin system, so not sure why its listed....I have been quoted £270 for full stainless system cat back+flexi so gonna get that in aug for MOT

Never looked at the bravo exhuast but on my track car I cut a few inches of the pipe out and welded in a flexi joint cost about 8 quid. its been fine for ages.

hi guys, i had the same problem on my 90hp. i ended up getting a system for a stilo with the same engine 3 weeks ago, now i will be getting a stainless system in a week for 220. so i will be selling my new system if anyone is interested.

does it fit ok?

they have different part numbers so I assumed the part was different, it looks different on buypartbuy anyway

Back