General Latest Little Project.

Currently reading:
General Latest Little Project.

Pics of the old rotten beam axle mounting point. New beam axle cleaned and painted same with the trailing arm. New standard springs and shocks. Inner rear arch protectors. All awaiting re assembly
Goodbye rear inner arch tin worm for a long time hopefully.

Attachments

• 1482156454794.jpeg
    1482156454794.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
This was the state of the axle mounting point on a Cinq I was planning on restoring, there wasn't much left after a go over with a wire brush!

2012-04-22%2019.31.26.jpg

2012-04-22%2019.27.59.jpg

2012-04-22%2019.28.39.jpg

It got to the point where the car was unfortunately way beyond saving due to rust. The axle wasn't rotten all the way through, but was very thing in places.

Plenty more photos/info on my blog, link in my sig.

This was the state of the axle mounting point on a Cinq I was planning on restoring, there wasn't much left after a go over with a wire brush!

2012-04-22%2019.31.26.jpg

2012-04-22%2019.27.59.jpg

2012-04-22%2019.28.39.jpg

It got to the point where the car was unfortunately way beyond saving due to rust. The axle wasn't rotten all the way through, but was very thing in places.

Plenty more photos/info on my blog, link in my sig.
IMG-20161220-WA0002.jpeg

Thankfully I got to this one in time it was no where near as bad as your pics.

Finished most of the crappy stuff today, axle beam back on with new springs, shocks, brake hoses and trailing arm bushes. It's sitting back on its wheels and I'll get it booking in for a MOT either this week or may leave it till after Christmas.

Then I've got all the nice little bits to do to make it look clean and tidy. I'm after an OS rear outer arch trim if anyone has one kicking about. It's the small one that covers the end of the sill and goes up the arch about 5 inches? Little one in the pic.
Screenshot_20161220-121256.png

Looks really smart. Well worth the effort. Looks like the rear springs will settle down a little.

I thought your number plate looked familiar... I have just checked and I owned P713RYM a few years ago! I didnt have the car long and it met an unfortunate end due to an oil patch on a twisty b road. It was exactly the same spec Broom yellow cinq sporting but with standard wheels.

Last edited:
Looks really smart. Well worth the effort. Looks like the rear springs will settle down a little.

I thought your number plate looked familiar... I have just checked and I owned P713RYM a few years ago! I didnt have the car long and it met an unfortunate end due to an oil patch on a twisty b road. It was exactly the same spec Broom yellow cinq sporting but with standard wheels.

And that exact number plate is now on my garage door!

The only photo I can find is the car as a wreck. The number plate is visible on the bumper, which is on the back seat... in pieces...

Cool. I've got the standard wheels to go back on as and when I get round to it. Cheers

I would keep the speedline wheels much nicer and rare in my opinion. They would probably have been fitted when the car was at the dealership

Get yourself and an assistant in the boot and jump up and down or put a few bags of sand in the back? :)

Will probably take a week or two depending on how much you drive it.
Not driving at all. It's sat in a garage, so I guess I'll have to load the boot with some stuff to try and help it settle. Cheers

Well it's all motd. Passed with flying colours and no advisories. Happy about that.

Had a small issue adjusting the headlight aims, turned out the the adjuster is attached to the reflector with a ball and socket set up. Mine are manual adjuster not electric. Anyone else had problems with the plastic socket part on the reflector being too weak to hold the ball part of the adjuster???

Got around it for the mot by using a small drop of superglue to hold the ball into the socket. But I'm on the look out for a couple decent headlight, must have good working/solid adjusters obviously.

Not too sure what to do with it now, I really want a 126 so may have to move it on to help fund the purchase of a 126and also free up the space.
Wish I had a barn/lot/storage!!!!

Hey all.

Well I fitted new Rear springs, which I have been told 3 times now by the Ebay supplier that they are the correct ones for the car.
But to be honest I'm still not happy with how high they make the rear end sit. To be honest I haven't done many miles but I'm sure they're not going to 'settle' anywhere near the level they need to be.
I've had the rear end loaded with weight for a week.
Any ideas? Anyone got any decent standard Sporting rear springs?

Back