General Late front grille

Currently reading:
General Late front grille

Just wondered what the best thing was to clean up the front grille? (late style) - I have tried back 2 black and the results are fairly disappointing to say the least.

Last edited:
Pandarus said:
Just wondered what the best thing was to clean up the front grille? (late style) - I have tried back 2 black and the results are faily disappointing to say the least.

Spray or gel?

I find a couple of thick coats of the gel is good.

What about painting it???

Jim

I am very happy with halfords own interior and exterior trim spray... spray on and wipe it til it's all covered... water repellent and makes things black again.

DSC00158.JPG

That's about 3 coats on Juppy last summer and it lasted for ages...

(at the time I was really dissapointed cause the first time i only put one on and it washed off the next day... Didn't realise that on old 80's black bumpers it takes afew coats:eek: )

Jim

e505jpy said:
DSC00158.JPG

That's about 3 coats on Juppy last summer and it lasted for ages...

(at the time I was really dissapointed cause the first time i only put one on and it washed off the next day... Didn't realise that on old 80's black bumpers it takes afew coats:eek: )

Jim

Cor blimey, I need my shades!

Juppy scrubs up well Jim

i must say that is a vary clean panda, i think i need of couple of bottles of that. used back to black on my bonnet scoop the other day. it washed off :mad: worse still when i switched the heater on that me an the missus were halucinating (sp) as the fumes from the back to black were coming through the vent :D

Alex B said:
i must say that is a vary clean panda, i think i need of couple of bottles of that. used back to black on my bonnet scoop the other day. it washed off :mad: worse still when i switched the heater on that me an the missus were halucinating (sp) as the fumes from the back to black were coming through the vent :D

Alex you have just cracked me up! I bet they don't warn you about that on the back of the bottle!

Back