Technical Knoob question (CV related)

Currently reading:
Technical Knoob question (CV related)

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Jon, I would be inclined to change both of them while the driveshaft is all floppy, but do make sure you've got the right ones before you start dismantling, I bought some of fleabay a while back and they were wrong:confused:

Mike

Jon, I would be inclined to change both of them while the driveshaft is all floppy, but do make sure you've got the right ones before you start dismantling, I bought some of fleabay a while back and they were wrong:confused:

Mike

Both boots? So would I need an inner and outter or two inners :confused:

You will need the inner ones and remember gear box oil will also come out when the drive shafts are removed. so get the correct gear box oil so you can re fill it on completion of the rubber replacements:).

Thanks Allen. So what gearbox oil do I need for the Sisley peep's :eek: :confused:

The inner boot is the one at the gearbox, the outer at the wheel, so you'd want one inner and one outer. Its just my opinion, they will go eventually and bleed away your expensive gearbox oil, might as well do them while it's all apart.

http://www.millersoils.net/1_Millers_frame_CLASSIC.htm

You want a non EP oil Jon, the additives in EP oils damage the yellow metal bearings in Panda gearboxes.

Mike

Hmm... the link doesn't take you where it's supposed to, you want Classic/Transmission/Gl3 "Gear Oil 90"

I got mine from Woodcote Automotive 01606 836637. It's not cheap but it's cheaper than a gearbox rebuild.

Last edited:
Back