General Knocking

Currently reading:
General Knocking

Haha it isnt the cost, its the principle. I had a ford focus before this car, had it for 4 years and nothing went wrong with it at all. This car has gone wrong far too many times than it should have done. Could be just a one off faulty one.. who knows..

Haha it isnt the cost, its the principle. I had a ford focus before this car, had it for 4 years and nothing went wrong with it at all. This car has gone wrong far too many times than it should have done. Could be just a one off faulty one.. who knows..

As they say: Karma's a bitch.

You don't maintain your car and want to sell it to someone else when a service is due, it's only fair you got a broken car from someone who didn't maintain it too.

Frankly I hope no one buys it from you until you fix it.

Dan: I have owned lots of Fiats over 40 years. In that time I have regularly put on in excess of 100k on each car, my last one was 160k. They have always proved reliable although I admit two of them did have teething problems, not surprisingly as they were from first batches of new models.
You bought a 5 year old car, allegedly low mileage, and have had some problems . Not that much of a surprise really as the average mileage on your car would indicate little use or lots of short journeys (assuming the mileage figure was genuine). I don't really think you can blame the manufacturer for all your problems . By all means buy another Ford, but I don't think you will find such a friendly or helpful bunch of folks anywhere else other than on this forum.
We have all tried to help you here, but I think you have tried the patience of some.

Hey guys. Ok, so im sorry for my rant earlier. I was just annoyed with my car and that i need to spend moremoney on it thats all. Just spent 400 on the service and change of glowplugs! Oh well. But i think ur right, with low mileage usually comes short journeys, which isnt good for the cambelt! Im going to get the belt etc changed. Got quoted 500, is that too much or about right? Sorry again!

Sounds too much to me , but I'm not so sure of diesel car costs. If you indicate your location (put it on your profile)there maybe someone who knows a good independent service centre who could do you a deal.
Something else to think about , even with your expenses so far you are way in pocket over the cost of a new car.

It's too much.

You could check price for parts on eper, and second, ask for more offers.

To be honest, ive had enough of things always been wrong on my car. Ok, i know that the cambelt is due, blah blah, but its just one thin after the other. When i bought it it was 5 years old and had 34000 miles onit. A year later:
New clutch
New glowplugs
New egr valve
Needed tracking

This has cost me a lot of money and to say that it only has 34000 miles on it, this not a reliablr car at all. Time for a change of car and quick before the cambelt goes!

New clutch - previous owner slipped the clutch?
New glowplugs - they are a lifed item, lots of starts/short journies
New egr valve - this is well documented
Needed tracking - previous owner hit kerb

none of these things are reliability issues :rolleyes:

Yeah u could be right, especially that it didn't have many miles on it when i bought it, which makes me think they have been doing shorter journeys. Don't get me wrong, it is a very nice car. I have an 07 plate 1.9 multijet, dynamic. But, it also came with a sunroof and half panoramic roof :) I take it that this was an extra when the first people who owned the car asked for?

Yeah u could be right, especially that it didn't have many miles on it when i bought it, which makes me think they have been doing shorter journeys. Don't get me wrong, it is a very nice car. I have an 07 plate 1.9 multijet, dynamic. But, it also came with a sunroof and half panoramic roof :) I take it that this was an extra when the first people who owned the car asked for?

Yea the roof was an optional extra on all Bravo's.

No it's not a wind-up mate, some people can't afford to spend £££ on their car all the time.

Just to let you know that the car is booked in on wednesday for cambelt, waterpump change etc. All for £220! :)

Back