Kkrrrr noise -Experts help w 2013 fiat 500

Currently reading:
Kkrrrr noise -Experts help w 2013 fiat 500

Shenaz

I have 1200 miles on my new automatic fiat. It was a demo w 850 miles. Since I bought it, I have noticed some things, I want to run by you experts:

Car idles noticeably when in gear and when parked. Is this normal for fiat. I checked other fiats at the dealer and 2013 idled more or less.

My makes it creates a distinct low Kkrrrr sound on and off when I drive including reverse? Is this normal w fiat? If not what is making this sound.

When my aux wire is plugged at one end and on media -but not the phone, it causes static noises. The noise is not audible when I connect my phone or use the radio.

Car idles noticeably when in gear and when parked. Is this normal for fiat. I checked other fiats at the dealer and 2013 idled more or less.

My makes it creates a distinct low Kkrrrr sound on and off when I drive including reverse? Is this normal w fiat? If not what is making this sound.

QUOTE]

Idle: are you implying that it doesn't idle smoothly..??
it should idle smoothly once warm,

the Krrr noise..could well be the hydraulic pump that powers your
"auto" gearbox..

Charlie

QUOTE]

Idle: are you implying that it doesn't idle smoothly..??
it should idle smoothly once warm,

the Krrr noise..could well be the hydraulic pump that powers your
"auto" gearbox..

Charlie

Yes, the car idles even when warm. Is this Kkrrr noise a major or minor problem? Something that needs addressing Or is this simply something that happens within the break-in period and it will go away in a short time. Note this noise is not consistent, comes on and off and is low but distinct. Thanks for posting your response.

Sounds like a plan, thank you for this idea. Hopefully they will be able to give me an unbiased opinion. The idling is normal sounding according to my friends.

About the kkrr sound, I got two friends to drive w me in my car at two different times to help describe and identify the location of this sound. Apparently it's inside the car more like a dashboard reverberating or vibrating making, buzzing/kkrr sound. It's in the interior of the car. If you have any additional thought or ideas, please let me know. In a couple of weeks, I intend to get the fiat service people check it.

Back