Styling Kicking, squealing Gucci little piggy

Currently reading:
Styling Kicking, squealing Gucci little piggy

Paint it black would be more appropriate for the car's vibe, or given it's all gone a bit 'biker' inside, maybe this :D

Actually, the interior colour is entirely accidental - I really liked the brown 'classic' interior it came with, but my other half kept hitting her head on the roof, so I've had to lower the seats, and it wasn't possible to find anything which didn't clash dramatically with the original colour so it's ended up going all black.

My car's got more of a 50's look about it so 'Volare' might be more appropriate;

But I'm more partial to Metal...🤘

Apart from the colour discussions, I‘d be really interested in the seat lowering approach, though more in the front than back

Front would be much, much harder to do, but rear is relatively easy.

Here we go:

Yeah I think it’s the c pillar been fiddling with it today! I liked the blue n me too but lockdown 1 hit and I was twiddling my thumbs!
Glad I did too 👍 I love seeing my album artwork and being me I fitted a very discreet rear parking camera as that shows on the screen too

Your interior looks great!! I can’t stand most of the standard 500 interiors I think it’s an overhang from my previous pop I owned

Everything arrived from the UK today, so;

MJH04831a.jpg

I got one too 😂 hud that is but I don’t need it either! The tft is perfectly sufficient…wasted £20 on that!

I'd got one left over from my Subaru, when I got the Abarth I thought "that's going on the dash", and then when I actually drove it I thought "no it isn't" :)

Interestingly the Abarth's boost gauge matches the original speedo, though most of the 'real estate' is given up to a near-pointless sport mode light, which is why everyone moans about it so much. Wonder why they didn't upgrade that at the same time to match the tft speedo? A big, easily readable digital display would have made it a lot more valuable, and spare space could have been used for other useful things like oil temperature, pressure, etc.

Last edited:
Are you going to swap the armrests, etc to match?

Interesting to see you've fitted a HUD, I was thinking of fitting one too but the huge speed display on the later TFT speedo makes it unnecessary.
I was worried the ivory around the gear lever might be too much but I'm very pleased with it now it's done. Been thinking of doing that for a long time. No, I shan't do the armrest - it sort of matches the blacks and greys in the cabin anyway. It'd look nice in red leather but...

I'd love to have the TFT display but without it the HUD is a necessity! I don't know whether you've driven a 500, especially a 500C, with the ivory steering column in a bright sun but the reflection off the speedo 'glass' renders the instruments virtually invisible, and the centre display actually so. Driving in traffic and peering at the speedo trying to find that short elusive needle is not conducive to carefree motoring! The GPS HUD gives me an spot-on accurate speed - without the 5kph padding of the car's speedo - right near my line of sight. It's been brilliant.

I was worried the ivory around the gear lever might be too much but I'm very pleased with it now it's done. Been thinking of doing that for a long time. No, I shan't do the armrest - it sort of matches the blacks and greys in the cabin anyway. It'd look nice in red leather but...

I'd love to have the TFT display but without it the HUD is a necessity! I don't know whether you've driven a 500, especially a 500C, with the ivory steering column in a bright sun but the reflection off the speedo 'glass' renders the instruments virtually invisible, and the centre display actually so. Driving in traffic and peering at the speedo trying to find that short elusive needle is not conducive to carefree motoring! The GPS HUD gives me an spot-on accurate speed - without the 5kph padding of the car's speedo - right near my line of sight. It's been brilliant.

Bright sunlight? What's that? We don't get it in the UK 😆

Boost gauge in the Abarth, which doesn't match the rest of the interior, has the same problem (even without bright sunlight) so I've replaced mine with a small digital version and fitted the Tom Tom port in the dash (like yours) to fill the hole. My HUD used to read the exact speed too (it was connected direct to an ABS sensor output and calculated the speed from the wheel rpm) but it kept tripping me up on motorways, etc. I'd be sitting behind someone doing 63mph and wonder why they were going so slow until I remembered my HUD showed the correct speed.

It’s definitely worth getting the TFT my original was same as yours and yes the plastic does reflect sun (when we see it) lol
I've thought about the TFT, I'd rather like to do what you've done and change the stereo too, but I'm not confident in my abilities. I have to admit that I rather like the retro look and feel of the older instruments as well. In any case my car's done only 198 miles since the last service in November and it's difficult to justify the time and expense for something I'll get to enjoy only infrequently.

The coming week here is going to be up to 35C every day - certainly don't want to be out and about in that!

Back