Technical Keys

Currently reading:
Technical Keys

Mattbell

Hi Folks

I have just bought a salvage 03 plate multipla. Its an ELX 115.

It's a stolen recovered and therefore has no keys.

Dealer prices for keys are horrendous so i'm just checking what my options are before I go to the dealer and order some keys as a last resort.

Firstly what does the key for my multipla look like? one button, two bottons etc.

Can I buy a blank key case and key blade off ebay, get hold of another key so that I can transfer the electronic bit and then present that to the dealer for re-programming and cutting to suite my locks??

Thanks in advance
Matt

Harsh as it may seem but,

a) always research the car fully
b) never buy ANY car without 2 keys (or if you do haggle on price)

p.s.Fiat keys are not expensive compared to some makes!
p.p.s its code 2 system so Fiat only UNLESS you buy ECU,code box,lock set and keys all from same scrapped car.

OP
OP
M

Mattbell

Thanks for the response

Being a salvage vehicle, any shortfalls that the vehicle has is reflected in the price. Obviously in an ideal world one would buy a car with service history, full set of keys etc etc.

Main dealer has quoted between £300 and £350 for a key, coding etc.

I'm happy to take this cost on the chin if needed but was wondering if there was a way to bring the cost down a little.

Cheers
Matt

A non-remote doblo key cost me £90 and i'm in the trade! At least I can sneak
on to examiner and prog key myself!

2 non-remote keys would bring cost down and haggle on the labour, programming keys is NOT worth more than £40 but respect the fact the equipment is expensive to buy and update.