Multipla key code antennae

Currently reading:
Multipla key code antennae

petercat

hi every one heres a bit of a puzzler for you.
was going to go to scotland this morning got the multipla ready ...oil...water... tyres,then loaded wife/ kids locked house and nothing.
the display on the clocks indicated key code fault.
so tryed the red relay trick, nothing
disconnected the battery fro 30 mins to reset the ecu, nothing
striped the steering column to get at the antennae round the lock and discovered if the key is in the middle every thing works,ie pull the ring up to the key.
if the spare key is in the ring every thing works. ie ring right off dangling
but if the ring is round the lock i get code fault???
so the question is can the keys partly louse the code?
or is the antennae going a bit off?
its not the remote keys so no battery's in them,and the bus is a 2000 model
any suggestions welcome thanks.
as starting to feel a bit like :bang:

on one of the keys yes, but no on the spare its just the fiat key.
as a up date been out in the cold messing with the antenna and thinking it might be like a short in the ring now as with a twist it seams to work fine.
why was it fine yesterday and busted today, its a nonmoving part?
just dare not go out in it now in case it stops, it gets a bit remote up the A68 this time of year

Last edited:
I've had this problem if u have two keys strap one with tape to the transponder ring and rap it around the steering colom and just use the other key if not its a full lock and ecu set 80 quid on eBay with transponder unit if not change just locks and barrel and leave the key permantly round the rimg

Last edited:
I've had this problem if u have two keys strap one with tape to the transponder ring and rap it around the steering colom and just use the other key if not its a full lock and ecu set 80 quid on eBay with transponder unit

Back