General Key and C Locking.

Currently reading:
General Key and C Locking.

Orfy

I've just bought a Sei 1.1 sx.

I've a couple of queries I hope you guys can help with.

It's unfortunately only got one blue key.
Do I have any other option for a spare than the £120 the main dealer wants.

Does it have central locking?
If it's an option how can I check.
Should there be a fob or something. When I lock the drivers door it doesn't lock the passengers door?

Thanks.

Fab little car btw.

Chance are that if it doesn't have electric windows, it won't have central locking. I dunno the spec of that car, though. Both the windows and the central locking are pretty easy retrofit options, though -- parts from a scrappy near you. On most "standard" cars, there is no fob. The central locking works independently of the immobiliser function (the code chip in the key).

You're almost certain to have a "2" on the key. (See the FAQ). FIAT is one option for a spare, but you might like to try Timsons or one of the folk advertising on eBay.

Ta.

It does have electric windows and a 2 on the key.

It's an 02 car.

Last edited:
Possibly/probably has central locking. Only real way to find out is to remove the door cards and have a peek inside (check all the fuses first) -- if you see a little box sort of in between the pop out button and the lock, clean the contacts -- a little vaseline helps. Apologies, for the fonting, silly thing has gone fubar.

See if anything happens from the passenger or boot side (locking and unlocking).

Cheers I'll take a look at it in the morning.

Ta.

It should have C/L but not in the way you i think you are thinking. I think you are expecting the indicators to flash like you see on other cars, they dont on these, i would consider an upgrade on the C/L as it is not very good standard

Back