Keep me motivated

Currently reading:
Keep me motivated

Dobby

Barney, Dennis & Larry
Please. Not a single fag so far today and to be honest i haven't craved one, i just feel really 'jittery' now, sort of restless.

Any ideas??? No offence to anyone here (its my state of mind at the mo) but all my regular websites/forums are boring me :eek:

yep, already registered there and seen what there is to be seen. lol

Thanks though (y)

First three days were the worst for me. Just had this feeling that something was 'missing' and felt on edge/ restless. On the fourth day I went down with appendicitis and ended up in hospital for four days. That certainly took my mind off it, diamorphine is wonderful stuff :D (until you get constipation from it that is...)

Get past the first week and you'll be well on the way to staying quit. Less than two weeks after my last cigarette (and five days after leaving hospital!) I was in a bar surrounded by smokers. Didn't bother me at all!

That was over 8 months ago and I've not had a cigarette since. Stick with it Dobby, you can do it! (y)

I went to visit my best friend this morning, normally between us we will get through so many fags just sitting there gossiping so i was dreading going down there but the minute i walked through the door all i could smell was cigarette smoke and my god it smelt good. I think if anything it helped.

My cessation nurse told me to get some healthy snacks in and i wish i had now, i feel the need to nibble something but have nowt in the house, even alcohol isn't helping tonight, but i'm sure its gonna get easier...

My cessation nurse told me to get some healthy snacks in and i wish i had now, i feel the need to nibble something but have nowt in the house, even alcohol isn't helping tonight, but i'm sure its gonna get easier...

It will. Just stick with it!

Are you on patches or using willpower?

Patches were :yuck: for me, but they work for others. I ended up giving up on willpower alone.

Just tell yourself that if you really want one you could if you wanted. Also tell yourself how much better you'll feel without them, how much better you'll breathe, how much your health will improve. You need positive psychology and something to divert your attention away from the cravings. Play a video game, play cards, do something physical like exercise (probably the best distraction I found). Do enough exercise and you get endorphines flowing around your body and you'll be on a natural high instead (y)

Also try and keep away from smoking friends for the first week at least. I reckon if you can get past the first week you're well on the way to kicking it for good.

Go for it! :slayer:

Are you on patches or using willpower?

I'm using the inhalator and i have the gum on backup, i'm the wife from hell at the mo, just sitting round sighing and ocassionally banging something, checking all the kitchen cupboards knowing full well there's nothing there i want and stuck watching the Liverpool game with the hubby. Christ never known a game go on as long as this one :bang:

At least with the inhalator i can 'smoke' it in the house :eek:

I am going to a "Quit Smoking" session at 2pm today.
My work has sorted it all.
I know that I will be having a nice ciggy or 5 at 13.45! ;)

(y) Day 3 (y)

and still not smoking. Have taken to eating grapes. Are grapes full of sugar cause i'm trying to do the snacking on healthy food stuff.

Grapes are good for you!

You should try and eat "5 a day"

no matter how many grapes you eat they only count as 1 portion. Try and eat some oranges - the vit C will be good you

Grapes are good for you!

You should try and eat "5 a day"

no matter how many grapes you eat they only count as 1 portion. Try and eat some oranges - the vit C will be good you

Hey i thought you had your 'quit smoking' session at 2pm???

D'oh see what not smoking does for me? How did you get on? Will you be joining me in the quest for healthy lungs? :D

We had a health visitor come in and talk about the diferent products that can be used to help quit.

We have a week to go away and think about a quit date and what products we might use.

I'm thinking "Cold turkey"!!!! on 17th oct (got a pi$$ up on the 15th)

I am lucky because about 10 other people from work are trying to quit, we will be able to help/hit each other.

Back