Technical K and N induction kit

Currently reading:
Technical K and N induction kit

vandisian

i bought a wee sporting last week and having been driving an SX i found it unbelievably different best 700 quid ive spent for some time anyway i digress.
The guy gave me a K&N induction kit with it and ive seen some bad press about these in this forum so i was wondering as ive got it anyway will it improve on the standard box, i had nor have no intention of buying one but as i have it is it worth fitting. Just another wee thing the standard ride seems fantastic to me albeit its on 14 inch wheels and 185 wide yoko's i was looking at a set of new springs (apex) more i have to add for cosmetic value to go with the broom yellow which is slowly growing on me. Will these springs be ok with the standard shocks or best to fork out for the dampers as well.
cheers

vandisian said:
whats the issue with them mate?

Basically it's all to do with the position of the filter - right on top of the engine, i.e. in a region of hot air. Hot intake air isn't ideal for performance - you want cooler air (y) Also, I remember there being a site where they compared the filtration of various filters, and the K&N didn't do particularly well..............

beau_4076 said:
and k&n's are styling really lol, there just noise, no power lol

Reconsider that. Weve been into this enough times before!

promblem with a 02 fiat seicento

hi guys i was just wondering what does a flashing engine sign means

Re: promblem with a 02 fiat seicento

awais said:
hi guys i was just wondering what does a flashing engine sign means

On a sei when that flashes it means there is a misread to the Cat converter, or the cat converter is damaged. If you have a manual it tells you in there.

Usually occurs, well for me anyway, when on motorway running at highish speeds. Slowing down usually extinguishes this.

A diagnostic test may help show up where the fault is occuring also.

Last edited:
Back