Technical K and N Filters

Currently reading:
Technical K and N Filters

T-Jet 120

Its a Sporthing
Just wondering everyones views on k and n filters, i used to have a 57i induction kit on my fiesta and was impressed with the performance but disapointed on mpg. I want a replacement filter element this time rather than an induction kit as it won't affect the mpg as much. Has anyone else on the forum got one?

You can get a BMC panel filter for the t-jet. I think their a bit better than the k&n's. My opinion tho:D

In my experience k and n air filters have always been sh*te with a massive drop in mpg and gave flatspots in the revs. A recent test involving the fiesta st showed the engine to lose power.

wait for the GSR, great sound and proven highest gains

imo ITG make the best filters in the world, and if they dont make a panel filter for your car, give them the measurements and they will custom make one for you. Whats even better is even if they have to custom make one it will still only be about £40! Absolute bargain! If I didnt want to get rid of my car, its what I would be buying.

isn't the GSR kit an induction kit? , cause this isn't what i want, i just want a replacement panel filter

dont BMC make a good one??

TBH, im running a K&N panel filter on my stilo 1.6 at the mo...well until the gsr gets fitted ,cant fault it... A lot of people do jump onto the "i hate K&N" bandwagon, their induction kits might not be up to much but the panel filter will allow a higher rate of air flow...

Last edited:
A lot of people do jump onto the "i hate K&N" bandwagon

was thinkin the same, as soon as one hates them, everyone does lol. i've always found K and N to be a good filter but was just wondering if there were anymore good quality filters on the market.

K&N, BMC, Green and all other cotton gauze panel or cylindrical filters are very good. They certainly are the best what you can get as a replacement.

Downfall is that the filter is only part of an induction kit and will never outperform a properly designed induction kit.

But as usual you get what you pay for.

Ignore him he's special :p:devil:.

He's under the delusion that ITG filters using the same materials as everyone else are better than every other filter.

Wish people would get it out there heads that brand of filter matters it doesn't, its the way its applied to the engine that matters. I.E specially shaped tubing such as the GSR kits and the Typhoon systems from K&N :rolleyes:.

I think he's refering to ITG Air Filters

FTW = For The Win.

Basically he thinks ITG's are the best. :)

Tom

EDIT: Damn you beat me to it by a second, grrrr :p

Some people thrive on wishful thinking. But then we need people that believe everything they hear. Or how else could Tony have gone to...:rolleyes:

Back