Just wondering...

Currently reading:
Just wondering...

S

Shaun Cook

when i had my car RR'd, it showed 124BHP and 137 lbs trq

the hgt shows 147BHP and 137lbs trq, according tohttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Bravo/Brava

do you recon mine would keep up with one?

boosig.jpg

Are you sure your torque wasn't in NM, rather than lb/ft? sounds awfully high for a 1.6 :S

Sig.jpg

no way, well we can find out on the way to brooklands eh shaun ;)

Sig.jpg

car might be off road over the summer pal...student life is hitting hard cant afford to insure it anymore unless my fireman application comes through soon

boosig.jpg

i think it would be a surprise to some, however i think the hgt would out do you on a longer stretch! get it on the track and find out! i think the rat did a qtr mile in 16.5 or something like that, robin will tell you!?

stephend

Well I don't want to shower on your party but - NO it wont. lol

Right my JTD standard was about the same as ASH-G's 1.6 standard.

I had a 150bhp re-map and ash got his silly chip & the JTD was quicker.

Lee's 147 HGT - Now owned by Andy SX left me out a round about... and i was loosing all the way until the JTD topped out and the HGT kept going.

If you look at the Donny South 0-60 times you will see the HGT and JTD do it in 8secs and i think the 1.6 was 13/14 secs.

The HGT is quicker, I just got better traction.

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

at top end i know a HGT would have me but im thinking acceleration? the HGT has a eavier engine. will have to give it a go on a track sometime this year

stephen, if ur rat did 16.5 on a quater mile then i shouldnt be far off...my mates fiesta zetec did 16.5 and we were level when we went to the race tracks last year

boosig.jpg

from a standstill the 1.6 would prob get better traction from the line due to the 1.6 being lighter, My HGT wasn't slow but did struggle to pull from the line without wheelspinning.

once you reach about 30mph the HGT would just blast past as it would be in it's stride.

My 2.4JTD is a 5cyl and from the line can just bog down, there is a fine line between to low a rev to just bog the engine down and too much revs to wheelspin, if you get it right it can fly but the best is seing peoples faces when you are doing about 10-20mph and you leave them in a cloud of black smoke ;)

Darren