wondering about bravo as next car

Currently reading:
wondering about bravo as next car

Q

quinner14

hello the..had last car written off on thursday last by uninsured driveer was thinking of getting a bravo..any insights into wat there like?? any major problems that they are known for?? thanks in advance

hey

tbh you wont find a better car for the same price, the hgt is a brillian all rounder and has a very nice interior layout and if the mpg puts you off the smaller engined models exc the 1.4 are all brilliant little cars great boot space lots of room in cabin and very low maintanence compared to some other cars.

depending on age i would go for an hgt too mk1 hgt is not that much dearer to insure than a hlx and iis far nicer to drive but if age is an issue then a hlx is a great stepping stone.

fiatbrovohgttunedcopy2ri6.jpg

My experience may be exceptional, but in the 10 years I had my B1 (1995 - 2002) 1.6 SX I had to replace almost nothing.

When sold the following were all original and 10 years old; exhaust, clutch, gearbox, brake discs, cylinder head gasket.

Had one cambelt and tensioner done, 2 lots of brake pads, clutch slave cylinder replaced once.

In 10 years that little baby did me proud!!

I now have a '57 plate Bravo 150 T-Jet. Loving it!!

"B1 (1995 to 2002)" That's the original Bravo (B1) and the period the car was made from-to, not when I owned it. 1998 to 2009 is the period I owned her.

depends on your luck, i had a bravo 1.8 hlx for 3 years had no major problems and was quite reliable, after that i got a jtd which ive had for just over 3 years and ive had a lot more problems with it, granted the cars are getting old but my jtd was 2years newer than my 1.8.

a few common problems for the jtd are MAF sensor or EGR valve (car struggles after 3000rpm) easy diy fix sensor costs around 100. 1.2 can have weak gearboxes. other general faults are leaky sunroof and broken rear wiper

I think 1.6/1.8 are generally good as are jtds but they are very rare, personally id go for 1.6hlx unless ur gonna be doing high miles. avoid 1.4 terrible fuel economy

The 1.8's seem to be bomb proof and are quick!

The 1.6 and 1.9JTD are on par - but the JTD can be re-mapped to be as quick as a HGT 0-60.... after the 60 the HGT just wipes the floor with the JTD... although the JTD will pass the HGT when it comes to a re-fuel.

The 1.4 gets a lot of stick, but avoid them, also the 1.9 75hp and 100hp are all very old engines.

HLX trim or a special edition is always better than the standard SX spec.

The early cars always seem to have all the wires in place to add the optional extra's, where as the later cars were made to save money - worth moting if you want electric mirrors or to add the CD autochanger :)

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

let me know if your looking for a 1.6 hlx iv got 2 :) one in ink black and another one in yellow :)