General Just bought a "B"

Currently reading:
General Just bought a "B"

scallywag630

Just bought my first "B". Bright yellow with full black leather trim. I'm going to have the cambelt changed as this was last done in 2001, although it's only covered about 15000 miles since. Best part was, just as I was leaving, the lady said "by the way, the hardtop for it is in the shed"....made my day.

Ant suggestions on insurance companies to use? I'm in my 50's with a clean record but no NCB as it is used on another car.

Hi and welcome!

Not just a B, but yellow too! Sounds like you have done well - don't forget to post some pics.

I've found that insurance varies greatly, as with any rare car. Shop around - I used Confused and the range of quotes went from around £250 to £1500 :eek:

Of course I chose the latter! :rolleyes:

Will

hi and wellcome to forum. hardtop is nice suprise if was in price. as new one costs about 3000€ (used 1000€)....

Here are some pictures...hope the links work. I have found that I have some small silver keys that I have no clue what they fit...any ideas?

DSCN1800.jpg

DSCN1814.jpg

DSCN1809.jpg

DSCN1805.jpg

DSCN1796.jpg

Last edited:
Indeed its a beauty! Are those wheels original? I have a set of those laying around. The key could be of the alarm if its round

Generally the small keys may be for
1- Locking fuel cap, an extra for the B's,
2- Alarm if there is one
3- Steering lock at some point
4- Wheel clamp if there is one.
5- Hub cap covers on the alloy wheels,

Other than that, the only standard keys supplied at time of manufacture was
1 Coded Master red key (everything)
2 Blue keys (Ignition, glove box, centre consule
1 service key ( just starts vehicle but cannot unlock glove and centre box.

But post a picture of the key and maybe we can help some more.

I think the wheels are original as I bought it off the second owner who was a friend of the first. The first owner only had it less than two years.

As for keys, I have a red one, a blue one and two silver with a blue side as well as two of the small keys. Here is a picture of the small key.

DSCN1822.jpg

Back