Technical juddering problem on idle and running 2010 GP 1.4 Petrol

Currently reading:
Technical juddering problem on idle and running 2010 GP 1.4 Petrol

Vasant

Need help:

I have juddering problem on idle and running on my 2010 GP 1.4 Petrol from yesterday. For brief moment, EOBD SYSTEM FAILURE/Engine Check warming light was flashed and white smoke discharge in exhaust. Now no warming light and white smoke but judders on idle and running. Just before this problem arise I had steam washed engine bonnet and drove ~15 KMs after 4-5 dry hours of wash.

I was suspecting moisture, so tried resetting battery by removing -ve terminal: No use and tried refixing spark plug connection and MAP sensor: No use.

Recently, it got Oil, Oil filter, air filter, steering oil, coolant and Clutch kit changed, MAP sensor and Throttle body cleaned with STP Carb Spray Cleaner.

Don't know what to do next! Any leads? Thx.

Read the (hopefully) stored fault in the ECU ...

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Thx Bernie.
Yesterday checked for fault code and found that intermediate injection failure in cylinder 1. The connector and clips to the spark plug coil is broken and got loosen the cable connection. I made a hack for time being by using tie to tight the connection. So far my GP is running without juddering/misfire.
If it happens again, I will change the spark plug coil and cables.

I have no idea how much parts cost where you are,or if you have access to a vehicle breakers BUT I would sort as a priority...BUT thats me:)

Interesting to see that a missfire is reported as an injection failure. What OBD tool did you use ?
Anyway, thanks for the update and don't rely too long on this temporary fix ...

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Service person in FASS used Mopar MICROPOD II for OBD scan and said since the problem is mentioned as 'intermediate', we go for hack for now.

Yeah. I will replace the failed coil soon.

Attaching the photos I taken for Mopar MICROPOD II.

Attachments

• IMG_20191003_164137.jpg
    IMG_20191003_164137.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 22
Back