Technical Juddering

Currently reading:
Technical Juddering

Spike9876

When driving at even low speed, I am experiencing like a knocking sound and it's almost as if this is causing the car to move of and down.
I can feel it through the steering wheel as like sideways vibration. I have changed the drop links and it still does it.
ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

The engine mount could be a little loose with sand under the rubber buffer or it could be broken. Or it could be the stabilizer bar bushings which of course you checked before. Also it could be a broken suspension spring or just broken shock absorber. The original parts are pretty good so only replace parts that are actually broken. You get very poor quality spare parts and need to replace them more frequently when original ones just last a lifetime of the car.

I'd check the engine mounts first, cambelt side is the one you want to get really clean and get the bolts tightened to right torque. Of course you need to lift the engine a bit on a hydraulic jack from the oil sump. Put a block of wood between the jack and the sump. This is just a guess. It could be something else too. The mount is not always broken, it's just a little loose. But see the play in it, if it's excessive you should replace the mount.

Back