Technical Jtd Fuel Pump Removing Advice Needed

Currently reading:
Technical Jtd Fuel Pump Removing Advice Needed

Well trustry stilo had first breakdown in 4 years..getting no fuel flow to engine bay fuel filter or when remove pipes from tank fuel pump or whirring when switched on, am getting power to the pump in the fuel tank so presume it has gone and needs replaceing have sourced one but before I go wild with the thing how the heck does it come out from the fuel tank can not see any securing screws or bolts just white plastic top with 2 pipes and electric connector
So any advice on removing the tank fuel pump in a jtd multiwagon be much appreciated so it can be replaced

Is ok problem solved just gave the outer plastic ring a tapping with suitable flat tool in anti clockwise direction and all is now removed and wait to fit new item when arrives

There's a small locating peg at the side of the fuel pump flange that has to line up with it's cut out. Be careful when you tighten the white plastic ring nut because it can turn the peg out of the cut out causing the fuel level float to jam.

Yep thanks Davren I did notice an arrow indictor on the pump sender unit and noticed it slotted into the coreect postion when put back together ..have put it back together until replacement arrives to avoid diesel stinking out the car..pumps and things all wear and tear items so not put me off the car and expect items to fail with the miles clocking up slowely lerast is fixable at home

Back