Technical JTD engine replacement saga!

Currently reading:
Technical JTD engine replacement saga!

short story:

my stilo engine died and i didnt have the cash to replace it. so bought a punto to repair and sell. the punto is now sold so.....

......i need help to find a new stilo jtd engine.

could you guys help find one? what info do i need of my existing engine and where do i find it?

have looked on ebay and there is a few punto ones for sale but only one stilo @ £795. i was kinda hoping to pay £600 max.

the hunt is on! i really cant wait to get the stilo back on the road.

nah thats a 16v and im after the 1.9 8v jtd 115 bhp

i missed this thread so i replied to the other one. few nice ones on ebay. couple of cheap punto JTD's which i think are pretty much the same. alfa 2.4 too.

if your fitting a new engine why dont you put something else in, like that 16v JTD or the 2.4 alfa JTD?

i missed this thread so i replied to the other one. few nice ones on ebay. couple of cheap punto JTD's which i think are pretty much the same. alfa 2.4 too.

if your fitting a new engine why dont you put something else in, like that 16v JTD or the 2.4 alfa JTD?

i think its because stilosporting is only changing the lump, and a different motor will mean modifications or replacement of certain electrical parts (ecu, body computer, wiring loom)

so any other ideas of places to get a stilo jtd engine?

will be calling dms next week for prices, i think they will come in at £600+delivery.

i have been searching ebay but no jtd engine for the stilo. flooded with punto ones though.

cdti is 16v multijet. and jtd from say alfa isnt exactly the same. the only jtd115 engine that matches mine is from the stilo. unless any techs can tell me otherwise?

Argo, was it you that changed the title? im sure that isnt the name i called it lol but it is a more deserved name. (y)

kepp the links and numbers coming. i finish the deal on the punto tonight so thats £500 in the bank to put toward this.

ok im back on this again and could really do with some help from a fiat / vauxhall technitian.

which engines share the same bottom end as the stilo jtd 115. i can get as much info as required to help with this.

i ask because there are a lot of CDTI & JTD engines for sale but not many stilo jtd (they are cheaper too)

checking on eper and as far as i can see the internals for the bottom end are the same between the punto and stilo jtd but there is no mention of the bottom end itself.

if a tech could confirm either way it would be much appreciated. (will even buy them a pint ;) )

Bit aren't you giving yourself a lot of work just going for the bottom end :confused:

Surely the complete engine would a safer bet and less work too (y)

If you're fitting a used engine then the least it's messed around with the better in my experience.

Bit aren't you giving yourself a lot of work just going for the bottom end :confused:

Surely the complete engine would a safer bet and less work too (y)

If you're fitting a used engine then the least it's messed around with the better in my experience.

Cant it be modded to take an Alfa 5pot? :shrug: Lots of work I know but hey there will be plenty about... (y)

Back