General jtd engine oil level sensor

Currently reading:
General jtd engine oil level sensor

hi, after doing an oil and filter change, using genuine fiat oil filter and selenia turbo diesel oil, my multipla shows warning oil level too high on the dash at start up.
oil level is not too high at all... its perfect, 4.5 ltrs with filter change and shows perfect to high level on dipstick.

i even drew oil from sump to lowest mark- still got warning, so its obviously a faulty sensor.

does anyone know the exact location of the sensor on a 1.9jtd and if so, can it be cleaned, or best place to get a replacement and rough price?.

will i have to drain sump to clean/replace?

thanks in advance

mark

Hi, I have similar issues with the oil sensor a few times - either reading too high or too low and stop engine immediately. After checking oil was OK I just ignored it and after a normal runs sorted its life out for another 6 months and level was reading full as it should

Cheers
Mark

thanks, i guess after running about in the car the sensor will sort itself out.
its the only fault on the car, shame to have an incorrect warning message, so if anyone does know the fix, im all ears.
thanks
mark

im a newby but while ifollowed info on my faulty ecu to correct ared light on dash it corrected the oil too high fault i had .Try looking under dash passenger side ,connection there with about., 6 wires , i diconnected put some switch cleaner and all the fault lights on dash went out. worth a try. Barbican

Back