Technical jtd 3 door very soft suspension, bottoms on speed bumps

Currently reading:
Technical jtd 3 door very soft suspension, bottoms on speed bumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly - so why post about something you have little knowledge of :confused:

As in both Stilomeister and myself have direct experience of Pi springs but you, I gather, have none (in fact you don't even drive a JTD115 either) :shrug:

its the same drivetrain and engine just with different injection and different turbo. so why post about something you have little knowledge of :confused:

i suggest you should find out exactly what knowledge a person has before judging :bang: as you have no idea what knowledge or experience i have.

Exactly - so why post about something you have little knowledge of :confused:

As in both Stilomeister and myself have direct experience of Pi springs but you, I gather, have none (in fact you don't even drive a JTD115 either) :shrug:

Interesting that not only is the undertray missing (Which I know B3nnett stated) but also the n/s airpipe cover, so his car isn't even standard!

As you correctly state Argonought we are talking Pi springs!

Looking at B3nnets photo, doesn't look that low anyway compared to my standard setting!!

Attachments

• P1010104.jpg
    P1010104.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Interesting that not only is the undertray missing (Which I know B3nnett stated) but also the n/s airpipe cover, so his car isn't even standard!

As you correctly state Argonaut we are talking Pi springs!

Looking at B3nnets photo, doesn't look that low anyway compared to my standard setting!!

Yes as you can see in my sig I have GSR kit. Which makes no difference at all as the airbox is higher than the bumper anyway.

Also on lowness it may look lower had the picture been taken on a level even driveway not on uneven slabs with sunken grass in the middle. And also if the cameras were at the same height.

Also on lowness it may look lower had the picture been taken on a level even driveway not on uneven slabs with sunken grass in the middle. And also if the cameras were at the same height.
Have you got some point to make here because it rather looks to me like you're fishing for sake of argument rather than providing constructive input.

You might want to start a thread in social groups titled "My JTD is lowered 30 mm and I have absolutely no problems with speed bumps"

Have you got some point to make here because it rather looks to me like you're fishing for sake of argument rather than providing constructive input.

You might want to start a thread in social groups titled "My JTD is lowered 30 mm and I have absolutely no problems with speed bumps"

No I not purposely starting an arguement I am meerly (on a forum that relies on experiences and the input of opinions of users) that you should not just dismiss others opinions because you have a typical 'older' persons attitude that us of the younger generation know nothing and have no experience of anything which tbh couldn't be more wrong! And from a forum moderator I think that attitude is not encouraging disscussion or letting newer/younger members be part of your clicke.

No I not purposely starting an arguement I am meerly (on a forum that relies on experiences and the input of opinions of users) that you should not just dismiss others opinions because you have a typical 'older' persons attitude that us of the younger generation know nothing and have no experience of anything which tbh couldn't be more wrong! And from a forum moderator I think that attitude is not encouraging disscussion or letting newer/younger members be part of your clicke.

No, I think you are just boring us all now :D

When has anyone dismissed your opinion :confused:

Stilomeister made an observation based on direct experience which I backed up (also based on direct experience).

You took it upon yourself to denigrate that observation when in fact you had no direct experience (of Pi springs).

All you had to have said was "I've got Eibach springs fitted to Mjet 120 and don't have any problems" - and this thread would be a bit shorter ;). Since I don't drive a Mjet 120 with Eibachs fitted then I'm not in a position to argue the point and, likely, wouldn't have responded.

That's the basis of discussing any topic :)

I'll let you oldies carry on then as you've not listened to a thing said again dissmissing before you know what I have direct experience with, so FYI I do actually have experience PI springs. And many other things but again you will dissmiss this as a younger person connot possibly know as much as you god forbid if younger people can correct you.
I have acually noticed this with you a few times for example on my asr thread.

I'll let you oldies carry on then as you've not listened to a thing said again dissmissing before you know what I have direct experience with, so FYI I do actually have experience PI springs. And many other things but again you will dissmiss this as a younger person connot possibly know as much as you god forbid if younger people can correct you.
I have acually noticed this with you a few times for example on my asr thread.
This is now getting rather tiresome (and certainly boring). Posts made on this Forum are judged by their content and not by attributes of the poster (age and the such). Thus you only need to concentrate on the content.

If you want to make a reasoned response to any old thread I've responded to then be me guest (don't do it here though)

I fitted lowered springs (PI) to mine and it hit speed bumps for fun! I went back to quality standard springs (Lesjofors) and would recommend that. People will tell you they have no problems lowering the 3dr JTD, but I would dispute that as it sits so low afterwards.

i beg to differ, never had any problem with it bottoming out on speed bumps or for that matter even coming close to touching them.
only thing that has been affected is that when a rabbit is stood up infront of you at 60mph it will take the splitter off and make a blood stain.
upshot to that is free dinner :D

Ok fair enough, take a picture of your 'scratch free underneath' , post it on here and prove me wrong then :)

Looking at this thread, it seems Simon was only posting from experience from his use of the Eibachs. I would personally recommend these as I have them on my own car.

The original thread, to me, was about lowering springs in general, not specifically PI. Why should Simon not post his experience of his lowering?

It seems "Stilomeister" has a problem with lowering in general? IMO, why should he be able to rubbish the Eibach product as being the same as the clearly poor PI springs?

As above our stilo seems to bottom out on speed bumps and getting on and off the drive.

The OP's original quiery was about the car bottoming out on speed bumps and getting on and off the drive. I doubt that PI, Eibach or any other lowering springs are going to help with that.

The thread seems to have developed into a "My springs are better than yours" discussion so unless anyone can offer the OP any further useful information relating to the problem, I suggest we call it a day on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back