Front_View1.jpg

Grande Punto "Jess The Diesel Machine".

Introduction

Well it was late december 09 and I found a beaut on auto trader. two 110mile roundtrips later and I brought her home.
56 plate 1.9 Mjet Sporting
38,000 miles on the clock FSH
Climate Control,
SkyDome,
Cruise Control,

Within the first week I peeled the "lovely":rolleyes: 'Woodleigh of Chestefields' Sticker off and she stayed like this for about 4 months.
Side_View1.jpg

Side_View_21.jpg

Rear_View1.jpg

couple of clean reflection shots
Front_View_2.jpg

Front_View1.jpg

Rear_View_3.jpg

Rear_View_2.jpg

I also managed to do a wee bit of damage to one of my alloys on a mahoosive pot hole
Alloy22.jpg

Alloy12.jpg

:rolleyes: Not impressed!

I then decided to get some new plates
New_Plates2.jpg

the front one is a self adhesive vinyl. Ordered from Crags plate, an Irish website.

Couple more reflection shots :rolleyes:
Reflection2.jpg

Reflection11.jpg

A wee bit bumpy, needs machine polishing I think

Also Ordered a Shark Fin, after a little modding to boost reception it was on, aslo tinted the windows my self, dark smoke, 20% light transmission. i'll get it done professionally next year but for £6 I gave it a shot and it came out pretty well... eventually:rolleyes:
shark_fin1.jpg

Next up was these two little puppies
Front_Airdam.jpg

Rear_Airdam3.jpg

Thanks very much to Cooks who supplied them quickly and at a very good price (y)

and after a week in the body shop they came out like this :D
airdam_fitted2.jpg

airdam_fitted11.jpg

Photo0134.jpg

Photo0133.jpg

Photo0132.jpg

Photo01311.jpg

Photo0130.jpg

Photo0129.jpg

airdam_fitted3.jpg

airdam_fitted4.jpg

Photo01271.jpg

Photo0128.jpg

Photo01351.jpg

Thanks very much to SIS body repair in Stone, Stafford for a cracking job :D

need save some money for now but in the pipe line so far is as follows:-
  • new indicator bulbs :rolleyes:
  • european reverse light with a red bulb in so the back end is symetrical-ish
  • vinyl bit behind sky dome (will be done this week)
  • either refurb alloys in anthracite or get some abarths
abarth_alloys.jpg

• angel eyes, daylines without the led's or some "home made" gp s1 headlights taken apart sprayed black and a bi-xenon projector incorporated:rolleyes:
  • Remap next year!
  • Induction possibly GSR
  • Get the dash looking something similar to this
Dash5.jpg

and who knows what else :)
comments welcome :)
Re: "Jess The Diesel Machine"

I like those abarth alloys iirc there are some for sale in classifieds now, nice motor mate very clean (y)

Didn't get round to posting your bulbs as the weather was so nice lol, I'll do it wednesday dude!!!!
Don't worry about it mate, tryin not spend too much this week anyway so haven't even bothered ordering the european reverse light anyway =)

I like those abarth alloys iirc there are some for sale in classifieds now, nice motor mate very clean (y)
cheers mate, had a quick look they've sold =) haha. ah well everything expensive is going have to wait till after christmas anyway so they would of only tempted me =/ thanks anyhow =) (y)

What an awesome GP mate!!

Seems like we have the same kit :)

I really love the colour and you have the sky dome which i dont have :(

Regarding the badges, id leave them as they are or remove them..

Well done mate (y)

Not really it's part of the whole panel, the airbag pops through there I think. some people have 'gel' silicone badges stuck over the top i think, some people have carefully cut the old badge out and glued another in. but i aren't sure. the only proper way is to buy the steering wheel panel thing from fiat

they do love changing them.
Thanks mate I'm really pleased with it from afar it looks great and quite mean unlike, the "cute" nature the car had before. well I got a good deal... to be honest it's the only reason I brought it because of the bargain it was.
anywhom it was 130 off of cooks as he didn't want it. but it shuould of been double that + from fiat. plus £300 for smoothing in, which again should of been double but I know the guy whom did it for me :)

they do love changing them.
Thanks mate I'm really pleased with it from afar it looks great and quite mean unlike, the "cute" nature the car had before. well I got a good deal... to be honest it's the only reason I brought it because of the bargain it was.
anywhom it was 130 off of cooks as he didn't want it. but it shuould of been double that + from fiat. plus £300 for smoothing in, which again should of been double but I know the guy whom did it for me :)
Yeah I know what you mean had to get my badgeless grill straight away now with the fly eyes my car looks quite mean :) Well definally worth every penny, your bodyshop matey has done a brilliant job, props to his work.

He has done a brilliant job. up close there are a few tiny things I wish were done better and if I had paid full whack I would of complained but to be honest they aren't noticeable, I think it's just because it's MY car and I know where to look to find fault haha. If you know what I mean. Most people would probably look at it close up and not see what I'm on about :)

Back