Front_View1.jpg

Grande Punto "Jess The Diesel Machine".

Introduction

Well it was late december 09 and I found a beaut on auto trader. two 110mile roundtrips later and I brought her home.
56 plate 1.9 Mjet Sporting
38,000 miles on the clock FSH
Climate Control,
SkyDome,
Cruise Control,

Within the first week I peeled the "lovely":rolleyes: 'Woodleigh of Chestefields' Sticker off and she stayed like this for about 4 months.
Side_View1.jpg

Side_View_21.jpg

Rear_View1.jpg

couple of clean reflection shots
Front_View_2.jpg

Front_View1.jpg

Rear_View_3.jpg

Rear_View_2.jpg

I also managed to do a wee bit of damage to one of my alloys on a mahoosive pot hole
Alloy22.jpg

Alloy12.jpg

:rolleyes: Not impressed!

I then decided to get some new plates
New_Plates2.jpg

the front one is a self adhesive vinyl. Ordered from Crags plate, an Irish website.

Couple more reflection shots :rolleyes:
Reflection2.jpg

Reflection11.jpg

A wee bit bumpy, needs machine polishing I think

Also Ordered a Shark Fin, after a little modding to boost reception it was on, aslo tinted the windows my self, dark smoke, 20% light transmission. i'll get it done professionally next year but for £6 I gave it a shot and it came out pretty well... eventually:rolleyes:
shark_fin1.jpg

Next up was these two little puppies
Front_Airdam.jpg

Rear_Airdam3.jpg

Thanks very much to Cooks who supplied them quickly and at a very good price (y)

and after a week in the body shop they came out like this :D
airdam_fitted2.jpg

airdam_fitted11.jpg

Photo0134.jpg

Photo0133.jpg

Photo0132.jpg

Photo01311.jpg

Photo0130.jpg

Photo0129.jpg

airdam_fitted3.jpg

airdam_fitted4.jpg

Photo01271.jpg

Photo0128.jpg

Photo01351.jpg

Thanks very much to SIS body repair in Stone, Stafford for a cracking job :D

need save some money for now but in the pipe line so far is as follows:-
  • new indicator bulbs :rolleyes:
  • european reverse light with a red bulb in so the back end is symetrical-ish
  • vinyl bit behind sky dome (will be done this week)
  • either refurb alloys in anthracite or get some abarths
abarth_alloys.jpg

• angel eyes, daylines without the led's or some "home made" gp s1 headlights taken apart sprayed black and a bi-xenon projector incorporated:rolleyes:
  • Remap next year!
  • Induction possibly GSR
  • Get the dash looking something similar to this
Dash5.jpg

and who knows what else :)
comments welcome :)
Re: "Jess The Diesel Machine"

Hope Jaz doesn't mind me knicking this picture but...
Image0253.jpg

I want to do something like this when I buy some new badges, but can't really work out a decent colour scheme, I want to personalise it though, played with a few photoshops but nothing really seems to work except black and gold ;) hehe any ideas folks?

I want my dash like that, where sells the bulbs?

I want my dash like that, where sells the bulbs?
I tried contacting the guy on grandepuntoclub.com to find out what led's they are but no response :/
To my knowledge they are very small SMD (LED's?):confused: If you have a soldering iron with a tiny tip, the hand of a surgeon and a magnifying glass you should be able replace the corresponding lights to create something simillar, but it's time and money. I can't afford have the dash out of my car for that long at any point this year so it'll wait. especially as I want everything done at the same time, climate control, skydome buttons lighting, steering wheel lighting, window lighting, maybe a bit of ambient lighting from behind the door handles to boot:devil:

Last edited:

do your steering wheel buttons light up now? I dont think mine do

I tried contacting the guy on grandepuntoclub.com to find out what led's they are but no response :/
To my knowledge they are very small SMD (LED's?):confused: If you have a soldering iron with a tiny tip, the hand of a surgeon and a magnifying glass you should be able replace the corresponding lights to create something simillar, but it's time and money. I can't afford have the dash out of my car for that long at any point this year so it'll wait. especially as I want everything done at the same time, climate control, skydome buttons lighting, steering wheel lighting, window lighting, maybe a bit of ambient lighting from behind the door handles to boot:devil:
Yeah I think there the same as the mk2 ones, I changed the ones in my centre console & dash, you need quite a steady hand, its quite fiddely & I brought a speedo with rev counter did the leds & it didnt work i was well annoyed, just have to take your time really so doing the steering wheel buttons (if there the same) would be the best to do first. Here is a pic of my dash in my mk2 with blue & pink leds.

attachment.php

Yeah my steering wheel buttons light up. don't yours?

punto.jack wheres the picture ;) ? thanks for the link matey. also i fitted a rev counter binnacle to my corsa, you have to run an extra wire from the ecu if it isn't there already. if you didn't know =)

Yeah my steering wheel buttons light up. don't yours?

punto.jack wheres the picture ;) ? thanks for the link matey. also i fitted a rev counter binnacle to my corsa, you have to run an extra wire from the ecu if it isn't there already. if you didn't know =)
Sorry it was an external link here:
DSC005745.JPG

ive changed my mind. you should do your wheels and your wing mirrors gloss black to bring out the colour of the new bumper work. ;)
and take of the punto badge completely......

i've had a nosey round this car a few times when it was at woodleighs while waiting for work doing on mine,
did look a nice clean example :)

one note never go back for warranty work ;)

I started readin that rant/thread ;) but it got blocked as i clicked page2 haha. i did have to take her back for a sticking caliper piston causin' dangerous malfunctions with the abs :/ was scary when doin 50 along the dual carrigeway and the other 3 brakes start ''working'' had to carefully drive 60 miles there then was given a ****ty 1.0 corsa that shudn't have Had an mot to drive back in =| was done the next day though =) so can't really complain toooo much.
flint i nearly Took my wing mirror caps of yesterday to do but couldn't be arsed in the end. aren't sure about black alloys either =§ grande bolts did look good but i only like seein black alloys on white cars to be honest.

also cleaned egr today =! .... never again took me about 3 hours and two snapped allen keys just to get it off then i couldn't get the two pipes off so did the best i could. then forgot to attatch the bloody connector when i turned the engine on ( doh! ) another hour with the battery off and still didn't clear the 'check engine'

I started readin that rant/thread ;) but it got blocked as i clicked page2 haha. i did have to take her back for a sticking caliper piston causin' dangerous malfunctions with the abs :/ was scary when doin 50 along the dual carrigeway and the other 3 brakes start ''working'' had to carefully drive 60 miles there then was given a ****ty 1.0 corsa that shudn't have Had an mot to drive back in =| was done the next '

that awfull mint green one :yuck:
that the gearbox felt like it wasnt connected to the car at all lol
i almost crashed that in the snow :eek:
had a crappy red mk2b aswell that left some nice 11 marks lol :p

thats the bad boy! deffo one of the cv's was gone, the airbag part of the steering wheel was sticking out :| the tyres were awful i have to go down a windy slippy country road on the way back from woodliegh, my astra and the GPS took it easily the corsa went off the edge nearly killing me hit a rock bounced back out of the mud and into the moddle of the road. I have never shat maself so much in a car!!! it just went straight whilst i was turning :/ i was going relativley slow aswell

Back