Jeep XJ Cherokee - Beast!

Currently reading:
Jeep XJ Cherokee - Beast!

This is our Import Jeep Cherokee, first in US then imported to AU, now to the UK :D
Pirelli Scorpion A/T 265/70/R16 tyres
Jeep Liberty alloys
Blistein 2" Lift Kit and an additional Lift Kit we fitted this week
ARB bumper
and a Pioneer Cd player :rolleyes:
Nice to drive too
img0653vd6.jpg

img0654vo5.jpg

Dad's intrigued to see what people think about it :yum:

funny! notice its a 3 bike trailer, i drive around in our cars in industrial esta....i mean fields, and erm the gravel area where this is, its pretty big about 4 unoes wide maybe more and really long and theres there sections i can drive around in :)

I like it. I was looking for a Sport a while back but couldn't find one that didn't have astronomical mileage.

What's the engine size & does it drink a lot?

cheers (y)
and my dad doesnt drive it much lol, it only goes in and out of the garage and the often wander about...98% of the time im behind the wheel :rolleyes:
its going for an MOT this weekend i think :D:D

i grew up in the desert so i know how crap they are off road. :p

we would often laugh at yanks trying to go offroad in their 4.0 "hipower jeep maan". in hindsight i was in a discovery so we were both getting laughed at by the arabs in their proper 4x4s (patrols and pajeros).

when driving the cherokee you quickly realise that the visibility is surprisingly bad, even the A pillars get in the way a lot more than you'd expect.

yet for some reason i still like them.

it may be because my dad had one as his company car for a few years and i enjoyed abusing it,

maybe its because i learnt to drive in a wrangler so i have fond memories of jeep,

or maybe its because they are actually quite a lot of fun on the road.

i know more modern 4x4s are now far better and designed for on road driving, but back in the mid to late 90s the cherokee was the only 4x4 that was a lot better on road than off road. people would laugh and say it wasn't a proper 4x4, but now it seems that the cherokee was actually ahead of its time and jeep saw the potential of a 4x4 that was designed for on road driving.

Last edited:
cheers jug :)
i like the cherokee, you didnt get cut up in it, and no one tried to race you as they do in our porsche. I like driving the jeep its really comfortable, compared to our Series III Landy its a major step up in performance and comfort

Back