Technical It’s over before it’s even started!

Currently reading:
Technical It’s over before it’s even started!

It is now a week since we had the new ECU fitted and today we had our second trip travelling from Wareham to Exmouth, a trip of about 80 miles taking us to 150 miles since the ECU was fitted.
To date the EML as not comeback on however I still don’t think the van is fully fixed yet. The van is still not driving as it was and I have noticed the following.

1 under acceleration the van doesn’t feel as responsive as it previously did.
2 it still only feels like I’m getting 80% power. This is especially noticeable on hills and I find I am changing gear a lot more. The van is a 150bhp and normally goes like a train up hills even when loaded.
3 Whilst driving the van at a steady speed under load It feels like a slight pulsing coming through the accelerator pedal. My wife doesn’t feel anything as a passenger. Again it feels like I’m not getting full power.

When we get home I am going to find a mechanic who can check the suggestion of @Anthony489 .

Any other ideas welcome and I will keep the forum updated to any developments.

A quick update, we took the vehicle back to the Fiat Professional garage, after further checks and a leak off test they informed me that all 4 injectors needed replacing.
Job done same day and 1 week later and almost 600 miles on the road the van now feels right.
Thanks for everyone’s input.
Thanks for this update.

I'll keep adding Millers in the hope the same injector issue doesn’t befall our twin egr.

A quick update, we took the vehicle back to the Fiat Professional garage, after further checks and a leak off test they informed me that all 4 injectors needed replacing.
Job done same day and 1 week later and almost 600 miles on the road the van now feels right.
Thanks for everyone’s input.
Hi Jim. I was wondering how your engine is now after all this time. We've had the P2146/12 code recurring, though once cleared it has returned randmoly with both a local and FIAT garage saying it could be injectors or ECU! On a recent trip to Europe the EML came on several times, once when a front window was operated! And most strange; I've been managing to clear the light by turning the fan to 4, then just as I start the engine(after warm-up lights go off) I whack the fan down to off and the EML goes off. I managed this trick a few times though once it cleared of it's own accord after being parked up for two days. I've obviously been reluctant to spend the money on new injectors and/or ECU as it seems it's not clear cut, so I firstly want a thorough check on wiring and earth strap(as has been suggested). I just wanted to add my experiences and quirks to the thread in case anybody has any new advice(particularly with the way I've cleared the EML) or this helps anybody else. The light is back on now so will take it in to get code read. Thanks.

Back