It's here!

Currently reading:
It's here!

lol no...

My bro's on his 3rd 360. It's failed and is now out of warranty.

Every single Xbox I've known has RROD'd and I really just can't bring myself to repair mine. Good consoles, let down by shoddy manufacturing early on. Which is a shame, really.

got a 320gb slim ps3 lying here doing nothing and get a newer slim model if your worried :D they are a bit more hardier :D

Tell me this isn't going to turn into another PS3 vs 360 debate *rolls eyes*

This game though is one of the few I'd actually buy an XBox 360 for, it does look brilliant and even the engine noise trumps GT5 from what I've seen. For now, I've got the first two versions on the original XBox to play through and get a feel for the game a bit as well as the controllers. Who knows, a 360 may be console number eleven :laugh:

Oh and for the record, I've got a launch PS3 60gb and never had one issue with the thing. Just saying ;)

muppet42 said:
Tell me this isn't going to turn into another PS3 vs 360 debate *rolls eyes*

This game though is one of the few I'd actually buy an XBox 360 for, it does look brilliant and even the engine noise trumps GT5 from what I've seen. For now, I've got the first two versions on the original XBox to play through and get a feel for the game a bit as well as the controllers. Who knows, a 360 may be console number eleven :laugh:

Oh and for the record, I've got a launch PS3 60gb and never had one issue with the thing. Just saying ;)

I've played Forza in Game & HMV, my opinion.... just an Xbox version of GT5.
Like Rob I also have a launch PS3 60GB NO problems with it at all.
Not trying to diis Xbix as I know alot of folk on here prefer Xbox I'm just more a Playstation man.
My Consloles are:
Launch PS2 with 2 contorllers
Launch PSP
Launch PS3 60GB

Mrcento said:
i have a 360 and ps3

the ps3 is the better technical machine, but the 360 is the better games console

i love gt5, but for me, Forza has the edge

I can see where your coming from Mark.
The PS3 will do everything for you, whereas the Xbox is soly for gaming.
If anything the Xbox Controller reminds me of the old Sega Dream Cast controller.

clock34- gotta say the only thing a ps3 will do a xbox wont is play a blue ray..... and honestly deep down how many of you buy and watch blue rays.

i have neither but played on both alot, gotta say although the ps3 is capable of far superior graphics its rarely shown in game. many games that are on both consoles perform better on a xbox (COD'S) think a few gaming mags have also said the same.

xbox revolutionised gaming with the live and other services like the game market place, messaging ect which the ps3 sorta played catchup on and imo still isnt as good.

xbox all the way for me

I think the main flaw with the 360 was they rushed it out to beat the PS3 and as a result the cooling issues weren't sorted for an age. Yes, the back up MS provided as a result was good but people having to go through five or more repairs over a short period of time is a bit ridiculous and as a result it got a slightly bad rep. Something though that was combated as you say by the quality gaming experience.

Of course, the PS3 isn't 100% reliable as the YLOD instances have shown (as I said, mine has never had an issue) but overall I think it's a far superior technically console that as you say needed to play catch up in many areas due to MS' head start and greater support from games manufacturers. I do think it's a more complete entertainment system as it were as it's home cinema capabilities are marginally better than the 360's and I don't like the proprietary HDs the 360 continues to use over the PS3's 2.5" SATA drives.

I think there'll always be those who are loyal to one system at a time and I don't think that'll ever change. I've always been like that even if sometimes the other system was widely regarded as superior - always preferred Mega Drive over SNES for example. I like the fact this is the case as it pushes console makers to innovate and produce something different to capture the imagination of a prospective market.

Just a shame Sega aren't producing anything anymore - kinda went downhill after their marketing blunders with the Saturn :/

Back