General It's December...where are they then?

Currently reading:
General It's December...where are they then?

pwig's info seems to tally with what my dealer said on Tuesday Mark so your dealer may be being a tad optimistic.

Your dealer is being a bit economical with the truth. I assume yo uhave all heard the good news about blue and me nav and the Hifi?

Good news?

I know from sorting the spec for mine I can't have the stereo upgrade I wanted as it's not available.....

Good news?

I know from sorting the spec for mine I can't have the stereo upgrade I wanted as it's not available.....

Going to confirm this tomorrow but it looks like Blue and Me nav wont be available full stop either :(

It's beginning to look like Fiat S.p.A. has made a horlicks of estimating the demand for this car and key suppliers simply cannot meet demand - no skydome, funk white delayed by a year and now possible question marks over the Blue & Me nav and the Interscope stereo?? I wonder who is going to take the wrap for this as it is seriously going to p**s off customers in a fashion conscious segment that stands to save Fiat UK's a$$. Can you imagine BMW getting it so wrong with the Mini?? You've got to love the Italians inability to predict a runaway hit after years of producing humdrum rubbish. They set out to copy the success of the Mini and when it arrives they cannot cope (n)

It's beginning to look like Fiat S.p.A. has made a horlicks of estimating the demand for this car and key suppliers simply cannot meet demand.
Can you imagine BMW getting it so wrong with the Mini??

I had one of the first MINI Cooper S's back in July 2002. I wanted the Harman Kardon hifi, but it wasn't available. I wanted half leather seats but they weren't available. I ordered heated washer jets and mirrors but the car didn't come with them. MINI can get it wrong too. I'm guessing that Fiat are so overwhelmed by demand that they are putting some of the options/features etc on hold for now until they can catch up.

i'll have everything confirmed tomorrow then it's time for the good news phonecalls :(

Bugger this, may just cancel the order if this is the sort of service I am going to get BEFORE the car even gets here. Just stupid.

First I cannot get a true date out of the dealer, now I have to find out 2nd hand from an internet forum that I won't actually be getting the spec of car I ordered 2 months ago.

Unless they throw in alloys or something for the same price as the audio upgred I'll be thinking very hard about what to do.

Last edited:
Under no new car order will you get a true date when the car is due to arrive until it has actually arrived.

Also hang fire on shouting at your dealer until I have confirmed for definate later on.

I rang the dealer and have just this minute come off the phone. They got a letter from Fiat UK stating that the stereo upgrade is going to be delayed till later this year. The dealer said it would probably be a similar delay to the funk white, ie much later as in nov/dec :mad:

Gutted about this, but still want the car. So its all systems go :)

Gutted is not the word.

One of the main marketing points of the car is the customers ability to tailor make any combination of extras they want, so when you are told one of the options you were most excited about is not actually being put on the car you feel more than a little annoyed.

Not sure at this point what to do, whether to add some other bits (if still possible), take it as it comes, sell it & make a profit, cancel & wait for the car I want or cancel & buy a Mini Clubman.

If the dealer comes back with a positive anwswer to my proposal to them I'll keep it, otherwise I really don't know, customer service hey.

Feels a bit like "We have your money, now tough"

I am still awaiting the call to see what can be done, nearly 4hrs later.

Last edited:
Its the 2nd week of December now and the crimbo deccys are up everywhere so the dealer demonstrator 500s ought to be at Bristol Docks / compound at portbury now soon, if dealers are getting them before Xmas day.

Would anyone near Bristol be a luvvy and go have a sneck over the fence and see if there's any sign of them. :confused:

If I take take my nephew to Bristol docks just after crimbo (he's ship and Fiat car mad),it will be all closed up and can you see any Fiat cars from public highways near the docks or is it all hidden from view?:confused:

sad to hear of the ballsups from Fiat, but us true Fiat enthusiasts all realised this would happen and we put up with it. Thing is, the newcomers/fashion victims will not... which is good new for Fiat fans as they wont have to wait so long for their 500s:)
I find it very strange that a potential owner of a 500 is thinking of cancelling because some silly bit of electrical tat isnt available yet, surely you buy a car to drive, not play with toys in, LOL:):)

Back