Styling Italian Flag Paint Job?

Currently reading:
Styling Italian Flag Paint Job?

The biggest problem is that your at the other end of the country to me so I'll never get to see it :( other than that I am well impressed. Car looks quality. Can't wait for some longer distance shots when you get it back on road. I bet you get some quality looks from people when you drive around.:D

Finito

First proper drive today now im back at uni, looks meaner with almost 100 miles of salt all over it!

Few tiny jobs like matching the stone chip finish on the bottom of the wings and bonnet hinges to paint. and maybe get a matching black headlight.. one day...

DSC0017721.jpg

hey

I think i will leave them black, but you never know... I thought about doing the tow eye yellow? but the risk of too many colours is there. Il get a tow sticker though sometime.

Hi

Been fiddling about with the bonnet and lifted the rear edge to see if i could get the bonnet to clear my K&N - had to raise it about 3cm with 102mm silicone hose, as strut brace knocked it off when the engine twisted... then bonnet close but would knock it off when driving. long story of poorly chosen/fitting parts there!

One thing resulting from raising the filter is the exaust is even louder, deeper - not better tho

Might raise it a bit more to about an inch.

Just put 6 washers under the rear of each hinges... sounds crazy i know but the other option is to cut a vent/scoop in the bonnet in the nice new paint...

But maybe its an abarth thing? hopefully

what do ya think? White wheels some time or some nice olde cromodora's
DSC001845.JPG

I think the best paint job that had the Italian flag colours was on Wheeler Dealers the other night where they resprayed an original 500 white and vinyled the red and green strip along the length of the car.... But each to their own!!!!

hi and well done purf for trying something different,i would have personally overlapped the paint at angles.
As car looks a bit like a cut and shut [3 cars welded together].

CraigyB your white beast is lookin good - Wheels suit it perfectly and the white sets those stickers off great.

my cars funny as its taken some getting used too, I see it as cool, whilst most people dont get it at all! cinqs are 'too cool for school' anyway, were way ahead of the curve here :p

I was gonna go for the rally stickers but not sure it would be a bit too much? pin stripe a number square n stuff, like the photoshop (on page 1 i think)

Had MOT today which sucked! Failed on a buckled wheel!!! :eek: and lousy headlight adjustment! which lead to me doing a guide! Could be worse tho - but its more annoying when its little bits...

yet to see how bad this "bent / damaged road wheel bead" is, Iv got a spare set of wheels too :mad: which makes it more annoying!

Back