General Italia 90

Currently reading:
General Italia 90

That's way cheaper
http://allegro.pl/pierscienie-tlokowe-fiat-uno-panda-nom-496-i2927944712.html -£23

http://allegro.pl/pierscienie-tlokowe-std-fiat-panda-uno-fiorino-900-i2920269418.html -£20
what diameter your after?
Get in touch with Stuslejka -polish member- he might help you to sort that out for you, the half shels are availbale as well for 6 quid per set.

Sorry for no translation available directly from the website only via google translate

Hi

Thanks for all of your help. I thought Poland would be the best bet but did not know what to put in the search!

Do you have a link for the half shell bearings too?

I am after the standard size for all of the parts.

Thanks

Nath

Last edited:
Hi

I have been absorbed in the cinquecento in the workshop so never ordered these parts, the links are now dead. Would it be possible for someone to find me these bits on allegro? Don't know what I'm searching for?

Thanks

Nath

BUMP

The cinquecento is nearly done so the panda is starting to make progress now. Mainly welding to the shell which there is now much of compared to the cinq!
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1372075206.987387.jpg
I have been searching Allegro but can't find the piston rings and shell bearings for the 750 FIRE now.

Could someone paste a link please?

When we have these the engine can go back together and be refitted!

Thanks

Nath

Good to see you're making progress on this Panda. (y)

What is Allegro? Other than a very underrated British Leyland product of the 80's ;). And why would someone else looking be more successful than yourself?

Good to see you're making progress on this Panda. (y)

What is Allegro? Other than a very underrated British Leyland product of the 80's ;). And why would someone else looking be more successful than yourself?

It's a Polish online trading & auction site - similar to the 'Bay I think but presumably better!!

If you are meaning music, it's fast quickly & bright.

The British Leyland version being none of better, fast, quickly or bright. I could describe it, but it may be "R" rated....... :devil:

Hi

Searching for shell bearings and piston rings is not going well so I'm thinking of putting a different engine in it.

It's currently 750 FIRE carb engine, was thinking of a 1108 or 1242 lump. Anyone done this before?

Can I use the 750 head etc on the block of the other engine?

Thanks

Nath

Hi

Searching for shell bearings and piston rings is not going well so I'm thinking of putting a different engine in it.

It's currently 750 FIRE carb engine, was thinking of a 1108 or 1242 lump. Anyone done this before?

Can I use the 750 head etc on the block of the other engine?

Thanks

Nath
More info on here about engine swaps than you can shake a stick at. I wouldn't normally say it, but you must use the search button as there are too many threads about this.

Moderator Kev.
This comment
I often find that a google search will bring up the most relevant threads on the Fiat Forum to a query than using the forums search facility!
is not good news.
Get it sorted....as I find the same on this and the Toyota forum
(Cross that out and don't bar me for swearing)

Dave

Moderator Kev.
This comment
I often find that a google search will bring up the most relevant threads on the Fiat Forum to a query than using the forums search facility!
is not good news.
Get it sorted....as I find the same on this and the Toyota forum
(Cross that out and don't bar me for swearing)

Dave

Your kidding...I can just about use an iPad...Nothing wrong with Toyota...one is just about on another big trip.

Last edited:
More info on here about engine swaps than you can shake a stick at. I wouldn't normally say it, but you must use the search button as there are too many threads about this.

Yeah good point and I have searched but all I seem to find is about injection versions swaps, no carb ones.

I will keep searching.

Thanks

Nath

Carb swap is so simple it doesn't need a write up if you can find a carb engine. Carb 1108 (if you can find one) is pretty much identical. If you want to swap a carb setup onto an injection engine an SPi 1108 from a cinq or early sei should do. 999 inlet manifold will go on with carb and you'll need a low pressure electric fuel pump as there is no drive for the mechanical one. Drive is still there I think for the distributor (certainly is in the spi 999s)

You can use the old style set up..There is a fuel pump mod for using an injection head with carbs...been there, done that. The hole to be drilled for the small pushrod is at a slight angle and not straight as the write up/ guide suggests. Check it out.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help, just trying to locate an engine now. The car had its first show this weekend, at the Crash Box Classic Car Show in Devon.

Their members are helping us with the resto.

It was just a rolling shell!

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1373824681.036619.jpg

Thanks

Nath

Back