It starts...

Currently reading:
It starts...

... Well, I had some money to spare, so what better to do than (save?) spend it on the cinq! :D

yellowcinq3.jpg

^^^ The Cinq

Although the running temp of the car is ok, it got a little hotter than ide like it to on the drive home from getting it. Sat at 80mph it was just over the 90 degree mark. This for me a little too much :). SO, cooling system overhaul time (y)

yellowcinq4.jpg

Ordered - New radiator, new Thermostat, new waterpump, which whilst fitting I might as well fit the, New cambelt, New tentioner and new alternator belt.

Also on order from Tricker is a new 40mm Throttle body which ill fit at the same time as doing this lot (y)

Looks clean, why don't you take it out for an 'italian tune up'(y)

Just wondering why you would spemd a load of cash on all the cooling system parts. Surely it would make sense to change the cheapest part first and then see how it goes. You may have got all that stuff when you only need a thermostat or summin small, have you even checked coolant level? Cinq looks tidy though.

Last edited:
Just wondering why you would spemd a load of cash on all the cooling system parts. Surely it would make sense to change the cheapest part first and then see how it goes. You may have got all that stuff when you only need a thermostat or summin small, have you even checked coolant level? Cinq looks tidy though.

Two words - "Preventative Maintenance" ;)

Replace all the parts and you know it's been done and won't give any problems in the future. However, it's only worth doing if you're going to keep the car for more than a few weeks :p

Back