General Isle of Wight Show

Currently reading:
General Isle of Wight Show

Don't worry, nothing happens in that section (y)

Anyone who has a Strada is clinically insane IMHO, especially if it's not the 130 - I know most of them, so we could start a self-help group! :idea:

Just to ween you off....... :devil:

Now that is really ugly, no what am I saying the Pandas started off like that "run away, run away"

It takes longer for some than others, but eventually everyone gets the Panda's. (y)

Were you not warned that the Pandaritis would strike if you started hanging around this section? The longer you hang around the less chance there is of fighting it - there is no known cure, but it isn't life threatening. Most sufferers are able to control the symptoms and lead a fairly normal life, albeit with occasional relapses where new Panda/s are purchased. :yum:

There are people on here who said they couldn't possibly have a Panda, nope, not ever. Ha we said, wait and see we said, and lo it came to pass!! There are several case studies available - may I suggest homeward ?

You might as well just buy one now & avoid all the "no I hate them" nonsense straight away :idea:

I am checking myself into a nut house this year or going to an island with just horses, this cant be happening to me, please not the Pandaritis......

Buy the way, not that I would ever buy one or even consider it, how much would the blue one be worth.

*says to self* "stop it you fool you will end up like these other loonies oin here" :bang:

I am checking myself into a nut house this year or going to an island with just horses, this cant be happening to me, please not the Pandaritis......

Buy the way, not that I would ever buy one or even consider it, how much would the blue one be worth.

*says to self* "stop it you fool you will end up like these other loonies oin here" :bang:

Ha, you see, it's unstoppable & incurable - best to embrace the madness ;)

It's worth more than it would cost to ask VmanC to create one for you. Have you seen the grey leather Alfa seats yet :worship: I'm not answering the actual question yet, as the fever (clinical stage 3) hasn't kicked in properly yet :devil:

The Strada is cute & a lovely piece of late '70's design. When you scrap the 420 we'll start listening to aesthetic critique (y)

Over on the sunny (?!??!! :rolleyes: ) Isle of Wight.

Only one Panda for you I'm afraid. There's a Panda, Buick (still trying to look like a Panda!), 127 Palio, Croma (not many of those to the £ these days!), and lovely Strada 105TC.

Only a few as I'm on magic airwaves rather than broadband, but you may get more later if you're very good...... (y)

I hope they are the right way up, always goes weird on the phone to start with..... :confused:
I`LL be good gavin (for now! :) )

Well we're back home safe and sound, not at the bottom of the Solent. :(

Once again we had a great time at these two shows, taking the Blue clx and the Buick this year, meeting up with Gavin and others from the Fiat Motor Club GB.

Here are some of the pics I took at the events, but with the Blue clx being the only Panda there most are non Panda related.........

The above are of our little group yesterday.

This was us at Ryde today where the rain held off for most of the day. :)

This was the car I most wanted to take home, it was a fully restored Vauxhall Velox Ute (pickup if you're not Australian), and was just superb :yum: :cry:

Not a bike fan at all, but this was so striking in it's completeness as a concept with fantastic detail that it got my vote, not as a bike but as a work of art. :worship:

The following are a few others that interested me.........

Panther Deville.

One off Austin 7 special with a Citroen H van in the background.

Ford Mustang. Barbara and I watched this get a parking ticket for being on double yellow lines on the road next to the displays. :mad:

Empty sandy beach just over the wall from where we were parked.

Then at three o'clock, as predicted, it started to rain......

At least it showed up some nice beading! :p

People started to leave straight away despite it being 2.5 hours before the end of the show, wimps! Our little band were pretty much the last to leave, we still left early though, at least it allowed us to catch an earlier ferry.....

Unfortunately the Buick was put right at the front of the boat which meant it being exposed to the elements for the 40 minute trip, I'm sure it will do it no harm.

It would be great if we could get a few more Pandas over there next year as I'm struggling to win the Islanders over on my own. Gavin overheard a couple of yoofs say "Why would anyone in their right mind want to customise a Panda?"

Peasants! :p

the 105 tc strada looks good as ever mr p. and BIG bob woodward was there!:worship:

By the way, not that I would ever buy one or even consider it, how much would the blue one be worth.

Well it's worth what anyone is prepared to pay for it I guess, but once I've spent another £800 or so to finish it off I'll be looking for at least £4,000 for it.

There, are you cured now? :p

Ha, you see, it's unstoppable & incurable - best to embrace the madness ;)

It's worth more than it would cost to ask VmanC to create one for you. Have you seen the grey leather Alfa seats yet :worship: I'm not answering the actual question yet, as the fever (clinical stage 3) hasn't kicked in properly yet :devil:

The Strada is cute & a lovely piece of late '70's design. When you scrap the 420 we'll start listening to aesthetic critique (y)

Scrap the what! No chance, I'm thinking of getting a Citroen Xantia next to add to the collection of unusually beautiful vehicles

Well it's worth what anyone is prepared to pay for it I guess, but once I've spent another £800 or so to finish it off I'll be looking for at least £4,000 for it.

Fully cured and brought back to my senses, however that X19 is rather tasty :eek:

Fully cured and brought back to my senses, however that X19 is rather tasty :eek:

But you see that Pandaritis will soon tell you that you can buy a nice example for say £1000, take your time adding whatever you want - leather seats,alloys, etc - and be left with a car worth much more & appreciating in value.

How is the appreciation in value going on that 420 by the way? :devil:

But you see that Pandaritis will soon tell you that you can buy a nice example for say £1000, take your time adding whatever you want - leather seats,alloys, etc - and be left with a car worth much more & appreciating in value.

How is the appreciation in value going on that 420 by the way? :devil:

The 420 is appreciating more each day and luckily as with the Panda, the more people who don't like them, the more they are not looked after or maintained the more are scrapped making mine worth more money. But that's not why I have it. Ill be long dead before this has value of worth. I think the thing with the Panda though is its getting a bit unique where as the 420 (HHR) has the Honda variant (HHH) which is very much the same thing except with that nasty reliable engine and where is the fun in that for a non mechanic like me lol

See £1000 is twice what it would cost me to fix mine back to good times, I don't need to add anything as it already has it all (leather seats, alloys, electric windows, air conditioning, heated mirrors, electric mirrors, cruise control, alarms, immobilisers, remote central locking and much more I still haven't found). Its much faster, still not too bad on petrol, hold the road pretty good and will be quite a looker one day.

But I will tell you one thing it doesn't have, a crazy bunch of fools like you lot :D

Last edited:
But I will tell you one thing it doesn't have, a crazy bunch of fools like you lot :D

I think I speak on behalf of everyone here when I thank you for that kind comment (y)

Yes you're right - not quick or luxurious (unless you modify one). It's brilliantly packaged, great fun to drive (flat out if you want), full of character, completely classless, peanuts to run (£30 insurance anyone :worship: ), and you can't fill up with petrol quickly because of the people coming over to talk to you about it.

Come along to a show (NEC will be a good place to see a few in captivity), and then borrow one for a while (if you dare - you'll never want to give it back ;) ).

Why is my nice new(ish) car doing less than 2000 miles a year, despite all the power & toys you could reasonably want - yep I usually hop in a Panda........ :nutter:

Back