General Isle of Wight Show

Currently reading:
General Isle of Wight Show

Palio

Spirito di Panto!
Over on the sunny (?!??!! :rolleyes: ) Isle of Wight.

Only one Panda for you I'm afraid. There's a Panda, Buick (still trying to look like a Panda!), 127 Palio, Croma (not many of those to the £ these days!), and lovely Strada 105TC.

Only a few as I'm on magic airwaves rather than broadband, but you may get more later if you're very good...... (y)

I hope they are the right way up, always goes weird on the phone to start with..... :confused:

Yes, we're back again this year as they are two great shows, today we're by the sea in Ryde. Looks like the rain will stay off until about 3.00pm but then the storms will hit :mad: Not looking forward to the ferry crossing home!

Last year we came with the white 4x4 and it was well received, this year the blue clx is doing just as well. We sit in the Buick with the window open so can hear what people really think of the Panda as they feel free to comment, not realising it's ours. :) It's surprising how many people leave smiling or laughing, most with us rather than at us.

That nasty Hummer is not here this year to intimidate poor little Pandas, remember this from last year?

I'll post some pics from this year when I get something different to Gavin's

Vernon will post some piccies from today when he's back - hope the crossing's not too choppy & you get back ok VmanC Panda Mo

Here's just something a bit different for you. It wasn't at the show, was obviously well used, and quite possibly not long for this earth - sad really, I'd like one in good nick as they are 127 based ;)

Here's just something a bit different for you. It wasn't at the show, was obviously well used, and quite possibly not long for this earth - sad really, I'd like one in good nick as they are 127 based ;)

I'm surprised you didn't try and tow it back...! :D

PS: It would have to be called 'Poodle'.... ;)

Last edited:
I'm surprised you didn't try and tow it back...! :D

PS: It would have to be called 'Poodle'.... ;)

It's actually a REALLY good job you didn't suggest that earlier as I've got Vernon's towing frame in the boot of the car. :D

Oops ignore me, I've got the 127 so no towbar - I was briefly wondering if it was still in that car park too........!! :rolleyes:

Good name! (y) Cleaner than the name which sprang to my mind.....

Last edited:
Vernon will post some piccies from today when he's back - hope the crossing's not too choppy & you get back ok VmanC Panda Mo

Well we're back home safe and sound, not at the bottom of the Solent. :(

Once again we had a great time at these two shows, taking the Blue clx and the Buick this year, meeting up with Gavin and others from the Fiat Motor Club GB.

Here are some of the pics I took at the events, but with the Blue clx being the only Panda there most are non Panda related.........

The above are of our little group yesterday.

This was us at Ryde today where the rain held off for most of the day. :)

This was the car I most wanted to take home, it was a fully restored Vauxhall Velox Ute (pickup if you're not Australian), and was just superb :yum: :cry:

Not a bike fan at all, but this was so striking in it's completeness as a concept with fantastic detail that it got my vote, not as a bike but as a work of art. :worship:

The following are a few others that interested me.........

Panther Deville.

One off Austin 7 special with a Citroen H van in the background.

Ford Mustang. Barbara and I watched this get a parking ticket for being on double yellow lines on the road next to the displays. :mad:

Empty sandy beach just over the wall from where we were parked.

Then at three o'clock, as predicted, it started to rain......

At least it showed up some nice beading! :p

People started to leave straight away despite it being 2.5 hours before the end of the show, wimps! Our little band were pretty much the last to leave, we still left early though, at least it allowed us to catch an earlier ferry.....

Unfortunately the Buick was put right at the front of the boat which meant it being exposed to the elements for the 40 minute trip, I'm sure it will do it no harm.

It would be great if we could get a few more Pandas over there next year as I'm struggling to win the Islanders over on my own. Gavin overheard a couple of yoofs say "Why would anyone in their right mind want to customise a Panda?"

Peasants! :p

Last edited:
It would be great if we could get a few more Pandas over there next year as I'm struggling to win the Islanders over on my own.

Mrs h is a mad IoW fan... -- and seemed keen on this, when I mentioned it. At this rate, we'll be bringing about 37 Pandas with us, to rival the Droxford fleet...! (I need to find a garage -- and soon...!) :D

Glad everyone got home safely...! (y)

Here's a few more photos - there are more in my album if you want to look at them, but they are similar to VmanC 's ones already posted.

First a few of our merry band :)

Now a couple of the car I wanted to take home with me. It needed work, lots of work :eek: , but there was something about the understated(!!) while being a bit menacing look.......... I paced it at about 17 feet long, and 6.5 feet wide, so more or less Panda sized (y) Even Vernon went a funny colour when thinking about how much body work needed attention - the photo's don't show the patina unless you zoom in ;)

Last edited:
OH MY GOD. I think I am finally losing it. Do I actually like the blue Panda and think the white 4x4 will be real handy for winter. I need to sit down a minute

It takes longer for some than others, but eventually everyone gets the Panda's. (y)

Were you not warned that the Pandaritis would strike if you started hanging around this section? The longer you hang around the less chance there is of fighting it - there is no known cure, but it isn't life threatening. Most sufferers are able to control the symptoms and lead a fairly normal life, albeit with occasional relapses where new Panda/s are purchased. :yum:

There are people on here who said they couldn't possibly have a Panda, nope, not ever. Ha we said, wait and see we said, and lo it came to pass!! There are several case studies available - may I suggest homeward ?

You might as well just buy one now & avoid all the "no I hate them" nonsense straight away :idea:

There are people on here who said they couldn't possibly have a Panda, nope, not ever. Ha we said, wait and see we said, and lo it came to pass!! There are several case studies available - may I suggest homeward ?

I didn't actually say "not ever". I said "not this year..."; and it had to be a 4x4 (the only thing that's really missing from my collection...) and/or a Selecta. :p

Well, I got there... -- eventually. A year early. Having bought two other Pandas, first. :eek:

Last edited:
What is it about Stradas...? When I win the lottery, and buy my aircraft hangar, I would love one of these.... :nutter:

Note to self: must not venture into the Strada section.... :eek:

Don't worry, nothing happens in that section (y)

Anyone who has a Strada is clinically insane IMHO, especially if it's not the 130 - I know most of them, so we could start a self-help group! :idea:

Just to ween you off....... :devil:

It takes longer for some than others, but eventually everyone gets the Panda's. (y)

Were you not warned that the Pandaritis would strike if you started hanging around this section? The longer you hang around the less chance there is of fighting it - there is no known cure, but it isn't life threatening. Most sufferers are able to control the symptoms and lead a fairly normal life, albeit with occasional relapses where new Panda/s are purchased. :yum:

You might as well just buy one now & avoid all the "no I hate them" nonsense straight away :idea:

I have a feeling that this may be true, I don't even know how I found this section.:eek: I'm still trying to fight the urge to go and look at the the white 4x4 near Warwick (which is just down the road from me).....

https://www.fiatforum.com/panda-classic/333431-heading-ebay.html

I don't really need another car, nor have I room for it, and definitely cant justify the cost, but..........

BTW - I think a couple of forum members have looked at this, possibly CLS. So if anyone has any comments (good or bad), please would they PM me their opinions on it?(y)

Anyone who has a Strada is clinically insane IMHO, especially if it's not the 130 - I know most of them, so we could start a self-help group! :idea:

Just to ween you off....... :devil:

Sorry: I still think it's a paragon of modern design... -- so I'd obviously fit in well with the other owners...! :D

Sorry: I still think it's a paragon of modern design... -- so I'd obviously fit in well with the other owners...! :D

I agree :spin:Ahhhh

It's got lovely design touches throughout - I'm really glad I found those original wheels too. I think the design is looking better with time. The interior plastics are entertaining though - I doubt the glove box lid ever fitted straight :rolleyes:

I have a feeling that this may be true, I don't even know how I found this section.:eek: I'm still trying to fight the urge to go and look at the the white 4x4 near Warwick (which is just down the road from me).....

https://www.fiatforum.com/panda-classic/333431-heading-ebay.html

I don't really need another car, nor have I room for it, and definitely cant justify the cost, but..........

BTW - I think a couple of forum members have looked at this, possibly CLS. So if anyone has any comments (good or bad), please would they PM me their opinions on it?(y)

If you drop a PM to aquamarine he had a friend view it.

He did say that it required welding though.

I doubt you would get one as cheap again.

Back