General Isle of Wight Show

Currently reading:
General Isle of Wight Show

I don't have a modern car any more! I would much rather drive my Pandas!
It feels like proper driving and I feel that I am in control of the car and not the other way around. Don't you just hate cars that switch your lights on and off for you even when you don't want them.

I think I speak on behalf of everyone here when I thank you for that kind comment (y)

Yes you're right - not quick or luxurious (unless you modify one). It's brilliantly packaged, great fun to drive (flat out if you want), full of character, completely classless, peanuts to run (£30 insurance anyone :worship: ), and you can't fill up with petrol quickly because of the people coming over to talk to you about it.

Come along to a show (NEC will be a good place to see a few in captivity), and then borrow one for a while (if you dare - you'll never want to give it back ;) ).

Why is my nice new(ish) car doing less than 2000 miles a year, despite all the power & toys you could reasonably want - yep I usually hop in a Panda........ :nutter:

You might have something there, I owned my Seicento for 11 years and it had windy windows and everything, not a gadget in sight. Yet, how easy, simple and enjoyable was each day in it. I miss it, but money is tight so she had to go. I now use the wifes Punto CVT thingy and I am not to keen and it has gadgets.

I might take you up on the offer of borrowing one, even if its just to see what makes you all so mad about them and when is the show at the NEC?

As for the comment, you are welcome. It must be something about Panda people (crazy fools) that make them helpful and amusing (old) lol

Last edited:
Scrap the what! No chance, I'm thinking of getting a Citroen Xantia next to add to the collection of unusually beautiful vehicles
I can now forgive you for your choice of Rover, when I was younger we had a Xantia, unfortunately it was written off... So we bought another, lovely car and by far the best riding car I've ever been in. (Well when the suspension is actually working properly)

I can now forgive you for your choice of Rover, when I was younger we had a Xantia, unfortunately it was written off... So we bought another, lovely car and by far the best riding car I've ever been in. (Well when the suspension is actually working properly)

The suspension is the reason I want one, use to have a BX (butt ugly) and I do like the look of it. The diesel estate by all accounts is pretty darn good.

Imagine how much these will be worth one day as they go wrong and get expensive to fix. I watched Quetin Wilson on youtube "stars the car" or "cars the star" with a Citroen DX old thing, was pretty neat and very advanced.

But the Rover Tomcat, 600 Turbo, MG ZS will all become rare and valuable

Back