Technical Is Tutela Technyx gearbox oil really the best?

Currently reading:
Technical Is Tutela Technyx gearbox oil really the best?

Hey guys I have a Grande Punto 1.4 tjet 2009.
It's time for another gearbox oil change and the manual states Tutela Car Technyx or a 75w - 85 Fiat 9.55550-MX3

I have always used OEM and it seems ok, but due to changes in tech and spec movement. I'm wondering if anyone has used another brand that maybe they feel is definitely better. After speaking with Opie oils , it seems on Fiat OEM fluids meet to the 9.55550-MX3 spec so not sure if that is fiat just keeping money in their pockets but there.would be something better out there?

Oil brand doesn't matter much. Just keep it within specs, more or less - especially viscosity.
But watch out for other parameters, like API GL4 (so don't use "5"), or restrictions (like "do not use oil with EP additives", in the past there was a warning like that in Fiat manuals, so it's probably still valid).
That's it.

Oil brand doesn't matter much. Just keep it within specs, more or less - especially viscosity.
But watch out for other parameters, like API GL4 (so don't use "5"), or restrictions (like "do not use oil with EP additives", in the past there was a warning like that in Fiat manuals, so it's probably still valid).
That's it.

Hey Pal, thanks for getting back to me,

The trouble I'm having is finding it quite hard to find 75w-85 firstly, it seems to be alot of 75w-90 or -80 and then finding brands that match fiat spec S2 55550-mx3 is even harder, not sure if this is down to GPs are coming less and less on the roads .

Can I ask what u mean by API GL 4 / 5 is that a new spec in transmission oils that fiats just don't like?

Hey DG, I actually forgot about the discount, I did do this awhile ago, but I cannot remember how you go about checking / getting the discount code.?
You can get the right stuff from Shop4parts e.g: Link

Don't forget if you're a paid up member of the forum here there's a S4P discount code

I think the difference between a 75-80 and a. 75-90 will be minimal and not make a difference
Yeah it maybe , it is extremely difficult to find a gearbox oil that lists the fiat spec number and is a 75w 85. As.mich as I believe there is better quality then Petronas tutela Technyx, I'll probs still with OEM as I know my paranoia will kick in if I try something new that does have the exact specs and always be wondering.

I researched gear oil before changing both Pandas. I couldn't find an oil with clearly the same spec and as the cost was not insane changed both for Tutela oils Teknix in one and Gearforce in the other as required. Results were very good with a much much better change in the 2011 car in particular. I prefer to put in OE parts and specifications with oil. However Petronas Syntium Panda oil is awful and I will never use it again!

Back