Is this price right?

Currently reading:
Is this price right?

That's what I thought, but the lad said that's because he'll be doing it "properly" meaning welding in a plate rather than just filling to prevent cracking when slamming boot and what not. I don't slam the boot but I suppose it's nice for the security. And he says he'll paint the whole boot lid too. Anyone else care to weigh in?

Sam

Is this just to have the round fiat badge removed? Sounds a tad expensive I would imagine around £130-150 is fair. It a half a day job at most. If filler is used it shouldn't crack with the boot lid being closed excessively. As for painting it only needs the colour round where the badge was and then lacquer the whole panel.

Is this just to have the round fiat badge removed? Sounds a tad expensive I would imagine around £130-150 is fair. It a half a day job at most. If filler is used it shouldn't crack with the boot lid being closed excessively. As for painting it only needs the colour round where the badge was and then lacquer the whole panel.

I wish it were that cheap to get get the dent filled and painted on my bonnet.

Bargain for a proper job :) I'd rather pay that and have it done right than having some half wit do a crap job and your paying out more anyway mate :)

my local place charge 150 per panel (thats minor prep work to an existing panel and then paint) - on that basis your 200 when it not only involves strip prep fill prep mask paint and reassemble sounds a bargain.

i doubt doing all the prep and filling yourself would save much more than 75-100 too so i'd let them do it all and you can kick back.

i cant them doing this job in a morning (3.5hrs) sounds far too short a time to do whats needed.

i cant them doing this job in a morning (3.5hrs) sounds far too short a time to do whats needed.

It easily do able in half a day, not essentially 3.5 hours but if dropped off at opening time 8am should be ready for 12ish or just after. Or more realistically they may just keep it for the whole day! That's how long it would take me in my experience, say 2 hours prep and 1 hour paint. From what the works described as it's a simple job. Obviously depends on that particular bodyshop as times may differ depending on work load etc :)

Back