Off Topic Is there someone from Germany? I need help (insurance)!

Currently reading:
Off Topic Is there someone from Germany? I need help (insurance)!

wody21

Dear Fiat Gurus!

I need someone from Germany with more experience - I mean with relevant experience in basic car ownership related things.

I was involved in a small crash, other guy caused it, his insurance company sent me letters + asked me about things, and now I am not sure what should I do.

I hope there is someone with more knowledge in this sort of topic who can help me!

Thanks in advance.

Very simple.

Just be honest about what happened and you should be ok.

In the UK they always try deny fault until its proven as a way of getting out of paying up... and lots of cases end up in a 50/50 decision unless you have solid evidence to prove you are not at fault 100%... it happened to me but luckily my car was driven by the misses so even with a 50/50 i got full pay out but she only got half of her compensation award...

Hi Wody

I'm English but live in Germany and have had my share of problems with german insurance companies and the typical german problem of being a pain in the arse about details.

Describe your problem in the forum or send me a PM and maybe I can help you, the problem I see on first glance is that you are from Hungary which means the german insurance company (I pressume the other driver is german) thinks "hey it is a foreigner we won't need to pay".

Like I said post details in the forum or send me a PM and maybe I can give you some advice.

It may take me a few hours to reply because at the moment I am in the UK on holiday and don't have internet connection all the time.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your replies! I sent a PM to Ottiwottti, and did write down everything.

Basically the actual state of this case is not that bad, I don't have concerns about not to be able to prove my rightness and that other driver caused the accident, it's only about sending the insurance company a so called 'verifiable proof of the extent damage'.

By the way the damage on the car caused by the accident is not that bad either - only cosmetic, but if I would like to fix it here, in Germany (to the before-the-accident-phase), - I'm guessing - it would cost me like 1000+ EUR - and this car worths on the used-market between 1500-2000 EUR, maybe?! Dunno, I bought this car of eBay on an auction for peanut money, and fixed all the problems. // I make a note on every cent I spend on car related things, and the final cost is terrifying, I could have bought a Stilo in "showroom condition" for that, but... at least I saved one dying piece from the breakers :) //

Good lad on saving a stilo... i had to ditch one but have many parts from it to keep my current one running for a few years ;)

Back