is there a fiat wave? lol

Currently reading:
is there a fiat wave? lol

leebex

Is there such a thing as a Fiat wave? I ask because Ive been an alfa and Fiat owner since I learnt to drive 16 years ago.

With the older alfas on the road, most would wave to each other, a sort of appreciation of the break downs you were probably about to suffer :D

But when Alfas became all hip and everyone wanted them the wave all but disapeared, so is there a fiat wave or has that gone too?

Ok so theres way, way more fiats on the road than alfas, but I notice plenty of other mk2 punto sportings about, and at least half of the drivers have a good look over at my car, like I do theirs (y)

Lee

Im a biker too, commute daily and it goes from a rare sighting in the winter to nodding dog head in the summer.

Ahh I used to love the Beetle wave!! Used to put a smile on my face everytime :D

If there was a Fiat wave you'd be mad waving all the time!!!

bit off topic, but i find fiat drivers the most courties, i dont know whether its because they see me in a fiat to, and im most courtieious to other fiats :)

I've noticed this too, where I live no-one lets anyone out on junctions, driveways etc ever. But fiat drivers seem to stop and let me out. :D

Dom

Another biker here. I've been fortunate to ride a lot abroad and have noticed that the wave/nod thing is pretty much universal, except from the Harley boys in America. They must be too bad-ass :rolleyes:

My dad had a Corrado back in the early 90s and we noticed other Corrado drivers would always give a little wave. It was the same with my mum's Alfa 147.

I'm always courteous to other drivers - where appropriate.
Anyone waiting to exit a junction will see my flashing lights and get a friendly wave on IF they have held back from the edge. Anyone with their nose hanging over the edge can piddle off, I don't reward impatience.
Reminds me, I may have caught just such a nob'ed on camera...must go look it out.

I'm always courteous to other drivers - where appropriate.
Anyone waiting to exit a junction will see my flashing lights and get a friendly wave on IF they have held back from the edge. Anyone with their nose hanging over the edge can piddle off, I don't reward impatience.
Reminds me, I may have caught just such a nob'ed on camera...must go look it out.

Absolutely, I come round Chesterfield roundabout most days and the full car length is over the line! Why bother, just wait until there's a gap and then weld your foot to the floor.

Dom

Used to do such a thing during the first few days with the gp. Too bad the family with me noticed this and started this good old game of winding me up by doing more waving. It's like it was some sort of joke to them. Just can't be an individual now, just be a machine.

Mind you, I find other fiat drivers to be a courteous lot too. Much better than those in ze germans.

if i see a fiat/alfa at a junction i ALWAYS let them out :D, cant say most apreciate the reason behind it but none the less its worth it....had a few waves off alfa drivers....and a few 500's so there is a wave out there, you just need people to realise what they are driving :D

I just smile and look at Fiat's/italian cars as they go past, i keep my eyes peeled for a ff sticker or something, never seem to get a wave though :\

I also let them out of junctions etc and this has happened to me too.

Back