Is my cylinder head gasket gone ?

Currently reading:
Is my cylinder head gasket gone ?

foggy08

Hi I had a problem with my 127 , wouldn't start after cutting out . Anyway I was just having a look at it and when I squeeze the top radiator hose there is noise coming from the carburettor . I'm sure the head gaskets gone , and just want confirmation . In my opinion , how else can the air and water meet ? Thanks in advance for any replies

Hi I had a problem with my 127 , wouldn't start after cutting out . Anyway I was just having a look at it and when I squeeze the top radiator hose there is noise coming from the carburettor . I'm sure the head gaskets gone , and just want confirmation . In my opinion , how else can the air and water meet ? Thanks in advance for any replies
Sorry foggy but I'm not that familiar with the 127. However many cars circulate coolant through their inlet manifold to prevent manifold icing. If this is the case with the 127, a symptom such as you describe might be due to the inlet manifold gasket failing?

Edit - In fact I think I remember once seeing a Vauxhall Viva with the water passages in the inlet manifold breached and allowing water to enter the inlets?

Back