Ireland - Car hire **HELP**

Currently reading:
Ireland - Car hire **HELP**

Dear All

Am going to Ireland next month for 10 days. But need to sort out car hire, my other half is over 25 so that's fine. But since I'm under 25 not many places will put me on the insurance. Does anyone know any good car hire places that will insure me - We are flying over not the ferry. :confused: :confused: Has anyone else driven over there (Cork/Kerry) Would appreciate any feedback.

Thank You :slayer:

We drove down to Eire a few years back (y)

Left from the Midlands in the evening, down the M5, then stayed in a Travelodge around Bridgend way ; drove up to Fishguard next morning, caught the fast cat to Rosslaire, then drove through County Wexford onto Waterford - Cork is a bit further west, though....

It meant we had our car the whole time though :)

e505jpy said:
Would you not consider taking your own car? It's only acouple of hours on the ferry.

Jim

Booked the flights to go over, the Ferry was £200 whereas the flights were only £44 each, and where we've got to drive to the other side makes it a bit easier to fly really.

Depends how long your staying for really...

Car rental is not the cheapest in the 'Free State' (I'm showing my age! It's the 'Free State' cause it's free of the Brits)

Me? Bitter? You should taste my wine!

Jim

Back