Standard3.jpg

Grande Punto iPunto90's Grande Punto 1.4 T-jet Sporting, Black!

Introduction

Hi everyone! :D

Here's my member motor thread on my Sporting, i'd been looking for a AGP (Abarth Grande Punto for you newbies) and having looked i couldnt find a nice example with reasonable mileage for less than £9000+ at the time so as cool as Abarth's are it was steep so i decided to get a Tjet and make it my own!! So basically heres the story and update!

I bought the car from TJ Vickers from Telford in June 2012 for £5000 with 37,000 miles on the clock! It's so much better than my previous Grande Punto (1.3 dynamic), It looks so much better and was the best looking Sporting i saw whilst looking around, the customer service at TJ Vickers was fantastic, having to travel 2.5 hours from blackpool to get there the salesman put sold signs on the car because of the travel and reserved the car for me! (plug over with).

It's so much better than my old car, insurance hasnt really gone up, it looks alot better being a Series2 with the dark headlights, the silver dashboard, carbon dash surround, new silver dials, the thicker steering wheel and gearstick and of course THE SEATS! It obviously sounds ALOT better than my diesel and the performance is AMAZING from a little 1.4, i've had the car 8 months now problem free and even today the performance amazes me and my friends!

Got BIG plans for it but for now.. Here how it was when i picked it up! (y)

Standard31.jpg
Standard21.jpg
Standard3.jpg
Standard4.jpg
eBay is your best bet. They don't come up often, they are like Unicorn poop, or like trying to find a needle in a haystack. You catch my drift. Worth it though, prices vary too, but expect £400+ for alloys alone easy (more often than not). I payed that for mine, came with two bald tyres + 2 low. Rob93 got some recently for slightly more (i believe). Idk how much iPunto90 got his for. Jordan92 has them too, think he payed A LOT for his though haha.

They are well worth it though aren't they! Hope you find some! Need more GP's rockin' these wheels on the forum!

I may have paid a bit more than some but with over £300 worth of tyre wrapped around them*I dont think I did bad ;)

where can i find these said alloys :p

Ysidfa's said alloys can be found via Fiat direct, partsworld, or eBay. But they are £700 an alloy as they are part of the current standard line of alloy. Second hand they rarely come up, and I mean rarely. I've seen a single one pop up once or twice, but never a set of 4. Gold dust again :p

I may have paid a bit more than some but with over £300 worth of tyre wrapped around them*I dont think I did bad ;)

And I have Bridgestone Potenza's wrapped around mine, expensive too. Just slightly balding. My situation is like buying Ronaldinho when he was at Milan, to you buying him when he was in his prime at Barcelona (y)

UPDATE TIME!! (y)

I Didnt want to get bored of my car whilst im waiting for the money to do the real changes i want the tjet to have so on my week off ive been busy! As previously said i had been busy with the spray paint and masking tape! So here are some pictures of my handy work.. with a black car its very hard to do exterior modifications that you can see so i sprayed the wing mirrors, between and around the front grilles in a metalic 'rover grey' is what halfords call it.. :cool:

and bar the obviously exhaust difference i sprayed what looks like a diffuser with the same colour to just give the car a generally different appearence for next to no money as im still waiting for the money and time to start the proper modifications! :)

I personally think it looks loads better with the subtle changes but the main change and my favourite ive done this week is my Custom 3" Backbox which sounds absolutely awesome and im very happy with it! £120 built and fitted! It sounds so much deeper and sportier - it crackles for fun and started popping! :slayer::devil:

Obvioulsy the car got a full proper clean and detail for the pictures for all to see! :D

Lovely mate really like the changes and I am pleased you like the backbox mate you may have to get a vid of it up so we can all hear it

Cheers buddy, i just thought id do something that would make it look a bit more different and the exhaust.. wow! yes i will get a video up soon, i might leave it a week or so to properly wear in then i shall get my Galaxy S4 on the case!! :slayer:

UPDATE TIME!! (y)

I Didnt want to get bored of my car whilst im waiting for the money to do the real changes i want the tjet to have so on my week off ive been busy! As previously said i had been busy with the spray paint and masking tape! So here are some pictures of my handy work.. with a black car its very hard to do exterior modifications that you can see so i sprayed the wing mirrors, between and around the front grilles in a metalic 'rover grey' is what halfords call it.. :cool:

and bar the obviously exhaust difference i sprayed what looks like a diffuser with the same colour to just give the car a generally different appearence for next to no money as im still waiting for the money and time to start the proper modifications! :)

I personally think it looks loads better with the subtle changes but the main change and my favourite ive done this week is my Custom 3" Backbox which sounds absolutely awesome and im very happy with it! £120 built and fitted! It sounds so much deeper and sportier - it crackles for fun and started popping! :slayer::devil:

Obvioulsy the car got a full proper clean and detail for the pictures for all to see! :D

looks great mate, love the back bumper, we gettin ours done like that but in black

Thanks you guys! loving the positive feedback.. i like the little bits that make a huge difference and its amazing what a aerosol of paint can do! Plus my exhaust!!

BIG UPDATE TIME..

I've not updated much for a few weeks and I'm afraid I am the bearer of bad news.. as of tomorrow, just a year after i bought him.. my Sporting is no more. I have sold him and getting something.. lets say 'more'! :) I love the sporting, it's given me many smiles and some great races but i have found a car that for £15 more a month will give me so much more.. i will put some pictures up tomorrow night/saturday morning of the new motor! :cool:

I really does hope someone on here from down south (thats where im travelling to get my new one and p/x'd the sporting) buy's him and looks after him as he's a brilliant car, ive just spent £400 getting him 100%, so fun to drive and great to own! I'll still stay on the FiatForum of course so you havent got rid of me yet! Here's some final pictures for the final time..

The final pictures of my sporting ever..

Bye Bye Sporting, Bye Bye..

Right.. the time has come to show you all what ive replaced my Sporting with..

*drum roll*

Ta-daaa!

My 2009 Abarth Grande Punto in 1949 White with red mirror and stripe pack, full leather interior, dual climate control, upgraded speakers with subwoofer to name a few different features i love! The car aswell looks wise and performance.. its a different beast, i thought the Sporting looked good and went fast this is unreal! Wow, just wow! :devil:

Here's a few pictures for now, will get some more up when i can. I'm debating whether to carry on this thread with it or make a new members motor thread in the AGP section and also on the abarth forum.. for now enjoy! :D

1049272_10152403821935752_399479297_o.jpg
DSCF4253.JPG

DSCF42701.JPG
DSCF42711.JPG

I bought this from Snows Seat in Poole, so if anyone is interested my Sporting should be for sale on there in the next week or so!

Last edited:
It's great to drive and its awesome when your out in it because EVERYONE looks at it, on the motorway back everyone was staring at it, especially in traffic jams! and just round town people looking at it just because its so rare and not your everyday car!

Knew it! :D

Enjoy it man, you'll have to get used to the attention pretty quick! Dare I ask, any plans? I kept mine to one thread, all in one place and can read it back to see how things have changed over time, abarth section is pretty dead, there is Abarthisti which is a useful forum for all things abarth :) Use FF a lot more though!

Knew it! :D

Enjoy it man, you'll have to get used to the attention pretty quick! Dare I ask, any plans? I kept mine to one thread, all in one place and can read it back to see how things have changed over time, abarth section is pretty dead, there is Abarthisti which is a useful forum for all things abarth :) Use FF a lot more though!

I'm a bit of a show off anyways so I'm loving the attention and my head has slightly grown too! I'm thinking of doing the same just keep it all in the one thread and ive registered on Abarthisti but I'll stick to FF more no doubt.. :D

Plans wise.. i already have a list as long as my arm but fortunately nothing stupid or chavtastic! :) i'll upload my list on here so i can get opinions! (y)

Back