Standard3.jpg

Grande Punto iPunto90's Grande Punto 1.4 T-jet Sporting, Black!

Introduction

Hi everyone! :D

Here's my member motor thread on my Sporting, i'd been looking for a AGP (Abarth Grande Punto for you newbies) and having looked i couldnt find a nice example with reasonable mileage for less than £9000+ at the time so as cool as Abarth's are it was steep so i decided to get a Tjet and make it my own!! So basically heres the story and update!

I bought the car from TJ Vickers from Telford in June 2012 for £5000 with 37,000 miles on the clock! It's so much better than my previous Grande Punto (1.3 dynamic), It looks so much better and was the best looking Sporting i saw whilst looking around, the customer service at TJ Vickers was fantastic, having to travel 2.5 hours from blackpool to get there the salesman put sold signs on the car because of the travel and reserved the car for me! (plug over with).

It's so much better than my old car, insurance hasnt really gone up, it looks alot better being a Series2 with the dark headlights, the silver dashboard, carbon dash surround, new silver dials, the thicker steering wheel and gearstick and of course THE SEATS! It obviously sounds ALOT better than my diesel and the performance is AMAZING from a little 1.4, i've had the car 8 months now problem free and even today the performance amazes me and my friends!

Got BIG plans for it but for now.. Here how it was when i picked it up! (y)

Standard31.jpg
Standard21.jpg
Standard3.jpg
Standard4.jpg
Mini update nothing major has happened accept i start my new job tomorrow so hopefully i will have TWO cars to play with by this time tomorrow and im rather excited, not just to have TWO cars but to be back into work and earning money, money which can get my lovely t-jet into the car i know it can become so pictures will be up tomorrow if i get the second car tomorrow but for now.. clean car pictures from today! (y)
IMAG0575.jpg

IMAG0577.jpg

I also found a new way to keep black plastics looking BLACK! prodominately the scuttle panel.. shoe polish! heres the results half way through, opinions?
IMAG05701.jpg

Nothing major to report just a bit of a update thats all at the moment, job's going well and i sold my first car today so hopefully when the money starts rolling in more i can make some big changes for all your guys and girls to look at! Cleaned my car properly for the first time in weeks so a couple of pictures..

Im also looking into a different backbox in the next week or so, something not expensive but something that looks abit different and sounds a bit nicer as the Abarth backbox sometimes isnt loud enough or sounds much different than standard which can be annoying! Basically something to keep me interested till i can completely overhaul the car with many nice things!! (y)

cars looking fantastic mate it looks very similar to mine, i also have a stealthy black t-jet as well, i also have a tmc tuning box to fit as well the only thing is i dont have any instructions for it, how easy is it to fit without instructions ? or will i need to try and source a set of instructions ?

Uh oh, t-jet + coilovers, just don't make it too low or your likely to have driveshaft problems, just a heads up (y)

Dont worry im not gonna go stupid and all chavtastic and have it so it looks like its got broken suspension like some people on here have/like, i was looking at these (50mm) as they go ever so slightly lower than Eibachs (40mm) as these are a full suspension kit.

http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/249246/fiat/h_r-cup-suspension-kits/40095-2.html

Depending on what is avaiable at the time obviously i might change my mind who knows! (y)

cars looking fantastic mate it looks very similar to mine, i also have a stealthy black t-jet as well, i also have a tmc tuning box to fit as well the only thing is i dont have any instructions for it, how easy is it to fit without instructions ? or will i need to try and source a set of instructions ?

I honestly wouldnt know, my friends boyfriend fitted it for me i would probably seek some instructions from the internet or TMC themselves because you dont want to feck anything up! :)

Good news.. i should be having my custom backbox fitted around tuesday time so im rather and nervous at how its going to sound but hopefully anything will be better than what i have now as previously said the Abarth backbox is good looking but lacks the volume and tone that i want my car to have! So it may be going on classifieds soon if im happy with my new backbox!

Here's a few pics of a few modifcations i've made!

Abarth alloys off my last GP which i've sprayed myself in white,
Abarth rear lights,
Abarth Backbox (£100 for 'box & fitted),
Sprayed mirror caps white,
lastly a BMC panel filter which is noticely nippier with!

It definately stands out from the crowd now and sounds awesome! I hope you all like it!! (y)

Modifed_3_.JPG
Modifed_2_.JPG
Modifed_1_.JPG
what make/type are they alloys man!??? :p

agreed, they look lovely! where could I get these?? would like a set in black :)

eBay is your best bet. They don't come up often, they are like Unicorn poop, or like trying to find a needle in a haystack. You catch my drift. Worth it though, prices vary too, but expect £400+ for alloys alone easy (more often than not). I payed that for mine, came with two bald tyres + 2 low. Rob93 got some recently for slightly more (i believe). Idk how much iPunto90 got his for. Jordan92 has them too, think he payed A LOT for his though haha.

They are well worth it though aren't they! Hope you find some! Need more GP's rockin' these wheels on the forum!

Last edited:
eBay is your best bet. They don't come up often, they are like Unicorn poop, or like trying to find a needle in a haystack. You catch my drift. Worth it though, prices vary too, but expect £400+ for alloys alone easy (more often than not). I payed that for mine, came with two bald tyres + 2 low. Rob93 got some recently for slightly more (i believe). Idk how much iPunto90 got his for. Jordan92 has them too, think he payed A LOT for his though haha.

They are well worth it though aren't they! Hope you find some! Need more GP's rockin' these wheels on the forum!
well put lol :p
im stressing trying to find any nice matching alloys for a GP, its so awkward with the 4x100 scale :/ i may end up getting these, obviously not these exact ones on ebay, they come in 4x strut, 17" ofcourse :p

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400410154465?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Thanks wisey! and just while we're on the subject of the Abarth alloys they cost me £600 with tyres brand new of a guy in the midlands who bought the esseesse kit 6 hours after he bought the car so i thought that was really good value as the P-Zero's that were on them we easily worth around £400.. i do have a eye for a bargain! :)

Also i have had the exhaust fitted and although ive not really driven it much yet it sounds sooooo much deeper and louder than the Abarth backbox i had on, it crackles for fun! :devil: i also have been a bit busy with the paint but you'll all have to wait till tomorrow to see as the car need detailing again :( Stay tuned!!

Back