Technical Ipod Connectivity

Currently reading:
Technical Ipod Connectivity

MattyMBravo

I appreciate this question has problem been asked and answered 100's of times but I really need help with using my iphone 4s for music in my 60 plate bravo. Ive looked through and through the forums but im new to this sort of thing so thought id save myself soem time and just ask !

I can connect the phone via bluetooth and the phone system works perfectly, however when connecting my iphone up to the usb doc absolutley nothing happens. I use my official iphone cable ...charges but cannot get any music. I even bought a blue and me cable from ebay but that doesnt work either.

Ive heard rumours i need to update blue and me ? but ive no idea how to do it and heard that its a pain in the ass. I ve been to 3 seperate fiat dealers who where all utterly useless.

Yes ive used a USB stick but its annoying ...actually its f**king ****e especially if i want to listen to a certain song or genre and often cuts out, only plays the same 5 songs or sometimes doesnt play at all ....

any help at all would really be much appreciated

thanks in advance

Matty

Depending on the year of the car you may have to download and update the Blue and Me software on your Blue and Me module in your car. Also dependant on the year of the car and what version of Blue and Me you have installed on the car you will need an adaptor to use the i-phone for music.
The updates are available from the Blue and Me website and there will be 2 updates that you will have to download 5.6 and 5.7 i think and obviously you have to do 5.6 first then redo for the 5.7. Once you do this it should work ok.

As for the updates being a pain in the arse download the files one at a time onto an empty USB stick and the car litterally will talk you through it using the usb port on the car.

stuart

Last edited:
Yeah thats what i also was told but to be honest its a bit vague think early 60 reg plates still had old module depends on when they were built. My dealer friend who works at Fiat had an early 60 for sale that still needed the adaptor as it was in the car when he took it in.

stuart

With it being a 60 plate I believe it should be on Blue and Me v2 which doesn't need the adapter. Correct me if I'm wrong!

The only reason for the adapter is to play songs that have DRM, iTunes dropped DRM some time ago now.

My old iPod Classic used to work fine on my 59 Bravo (albeit only songs with no DRM)

Whats DRM on iTunes?

Digital Rights Management. They don't use it now and I can't remember when it changed but it's likely a good few years ago now. Basically any old stuff (before a few years ago) that was bought from iTunes will have it.

When I picked up my bravo from new in 2009 I spent the 6 hour drive home using my iPod classic buy only songs I had added to iTunes, not purchased songs.

Back