iPhone 3GS and multiple contact numbers

Currently reading:
iPhone 3GS and multiple contact numbers

chriswthomas

I've just acquired an iPhone and connection to Blue&ME worked fine.

But I have several contacts who have multiple phone numbers... home, mobile, work etc.

On my Sony Ericsson K800 these came down as a single entry... once I'd found the person I wanted to call the next level of display allowed me to scroll up and down the different numbers until I found the one I wanted. :)

On the iPhone each number comes down as a separate entry. And the display doesn't differentiate between the different numbers. So now all I see is an entry for Joe Bloggs, another entry for Joe Bloggs, yet another entry for Joe Bloggs and there is no way to see which number is linked to which entry. :(

Before I go and edit 100+ entries to indicate in the name of the contact whether it is "Home", "Mob", "Work" etc I wanted to check if anyone else had come across this and had a better solution.

Haven't had to resort to this kind of jiggery pokery in a mobile phone contacts list since the late 1990's. Seems perverse that I now have a better mobile phone but it's functionality is actually much poorer :cry:

Chris

Hi there,
I cant help with your question as i cant even get my contact onto the car, when i paired copying phone book but failed to copy? any tips please? sorry i cant help with your question.
ta jane

Back