iOS5 on iPhone 4: working with Blue and Me?

Currently reading:
iOS5 on iPhone 4: working with Blue and Me?

Craig137

Hello,

Hopefully I haven't missed an obvious thread with this information, but has anybody with an iPhone upgraded to iOS5 yet?

I rely on my phone in the car for both calls and music, so can anybody confirm the same functionality works correctly after updating please? My phone is the iPhone 4 and I use the blue and me adapter as my Bravo is a 57 reg.

Note: I've seen this thread entitled 'Iphone 4s SIRI' (can't post links until I have 5 posts!) which suggests it may well be fine, presuming the 4S comes pre-loaded with iOS5, but I wanted to check first to see if anybody else had braved it. I seem to remember reading about multiple problems for b&m users when iOS4 came out that took a long time to be resolved.

Thanks,
Craig

Just had the same problem on mine.

Got it working by taking the b&m adapter out and plugging it directly in and then switching it back to the b&m adapter.

Hello,

Hopefully I haven't missed an obvious thread with this information, but has anybody with an iPhone upgraded to iOS5 yet?

Note: I've seen this thread entitled 'Iphone 4s SIRI'

Thanks,
Craig

I believe RUI, the OP for the 4s Siri post trialled iOS5 on his Iphone 4 without any problems, so perhaps PM him if he doesn't respond to this post soon.

yes i was using ios5 for about 4 months before the final version came out and it works no problem on the iphone 4

I have upgraded to iOS5 on an iPhone 4 and have no problems. In actual fact, the iPod worked for my entire trip home today and hasn't worked properly since getting iOS4 so that may have been fixed as well.

Will do a few more trips/test before I say it has though. I'll let you know how I get on.

My new iPhone 4S (IOS5) is working fine with my 58 reg Bravo Tjet (November 2008) using the official Fiat iPhone adapter (the little white one). One important thing to note though, initially it did NOT work at all, connecting it to the usb via the adapter was not charging the phone, and the car did not recognise it as a media player...

I simply switched from using a cheap 3rd party usb lead that I was previously using, to the official usb cable that came in the box with my 4S and now it works perfectly.

I can only assume that the official lead that comes with the iPhone is different in some way that is important specifically for the new iPhone 4S model.

The old usb cable I used before worked fine for my 3GS, so it took me a while to figure out that was the problem!

Anyway, hope this helps someone!

Excellent, thanks for the replies guys, sounds like it's safe to grab iOS5 when I get chance then!

Craig

I just bought an iPhone 4S and when I went to pair it on my 2012 500 it failed to pair. Any help?

Do you have a 2012 500? I cant get mine B&M to pair with my new iPhone 4S.

It works on my 09 500
What actually happens when you try to pair it?

Back