Technical Intermmittent sound dashboard area

Currently reading:
Technical Intermmittent sound dashboard area

spirosdim

As this is my first post, just to say thanks to all for all the information I have already got from reading the forum post for the last few weeks.

I have been having an intermittent sound coming from behind the dashboard area- it is kind of mechanical ,it is audible when the key is in the Mar position and can be described as if there is a Cd is in the tray and is spinning form a 2 sec then stops then starts again and so on .When I start the engine I think it remains ( the sound of the engine muffles it but i am almost certain it is there)

It has been suggested that it has to do with the clima servo.

Is there a fuse or relay that i can remove to make sure it is the clima?

I have removed the fuse 19 from the battery are but the sound was still heard.
.However with the fuse out i could not start the car when i replaced the fuse the car started normally.
Fiat Stilo 1400 with Clima

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
No, I am not concerned :D

I would rather know what it is and fix it though , if it can been fixed :)

Thanks for the fuse tip!

Carrying out the Self Learn procedure may help.

CLIMATE CONTROL SELF-LEARNING PROCEDURE

The AUTO and MONO buttons must be pressed simultaneously within 40 seconds of the ignition being turned to the ON position in order to active this procedure. A few seconds later a figure will appear on the display (in place of the driver's side set temperature) which will count down to indicate the time remaining before the start of the procedure. At the same time (i.e. whilst the count down is taking place) the previous self-learning status is signalled on the passenger temperature setting:

'1' flashes if the previous self-learning procedure failed
'0' indicates that the previous self-learning procedure was successful

This procedure is not carried out if at least one of the above mentioned buttons is released whilst the figure on the left hand side is not zero (this is designed to check the outcome of the previous self-learning procedure).

Thanks a lot!! I will give it a try and keep you posted.
Thanks again.

Back