Technical Intermittent misfire - no codes

Currently reading:
Technical Intermittent misfire - no codes

hi mate - the multiair gasket (resealed - possibly unsuccessfully??) & oil strainer removed and cleaned- okay yeah i'd consider that, where abouts is his garage? what are the total costs?

be a bit of a nightmare getting it there because after 20-30 mins of running it starts doing it pretty frequently.

Hello Marcos - the mechanic is in Ashford, Kent - what model & year is the car? what mileage is on it?

It's a '60 plate Sporting. So screwing the sleeve back into the multiair unit isn't fixing the problem?

it did fix things temporarily (have a read of my previous post to see what he did) - unfortunately for me (not his fault!!) he has very important personal things to deal with and cannot work on the car again for another couple of weeks so unfortunately I am driving around in a misfiring car until he has time.

it did fix things temporarily (have a read of my previous post to see what he did) - unfortunately for me (not his fault!!) he has very important personal things to deal with and cannot work on the car again for another couple of weeks so unfortunately I am driving around in a misfiring car until he has time.

Any progress made?

Okay so the throttle is lumpy, car sounds like it's on its way out, when we unplugged the solenoids whilst it was running ,it didn't throw up a fault so through a process of elimination and reading the Alfa & FIAT forums we have come to the conclusion that the multi air unit is to blame (the actuator) it is going to set me back £850 GBP - I'll let you know if that works!!
Do you by any chance still have the old multi air unit? If so, would you sell me one the hydraulic valve lifters / adjusters contained in that unit? Cheers

Back