General Interior Light

Currently reading:
General Interior Light

HI,
I would like to fit another interior light to my Uno. The original Uno one is in the middle of the cabin. I would like to fit another one infront just near the mirror!

How difficult is it to do and also does anyone have a spare s/he would like to get rid off and ship to Malta!?

Thanks
Ad

I'd like to do the same with my Uno. The original interior light just isn't enough IMHO. Have you managed to find a way to get it done Drinu?

Cheers :) Can I ask you another question? I desperately need to cover the roof with something because I'm getting dust and fluff all over the place. Yours looks really neat and tidy. Did you do that yourself or? I'm a bit tight for money so if I can't find a cheap solution, I'll have to slosh some paint until I can afford some proper upholstery.

I used black speaker-box carpet and contact adhesive. I reckon it turned out really well. You can get grey speaker-box carpet too :)

-Alex

That sounds like a really good idea Alex! (y) Should be quite cheap and reliable

Last edited:
yeah that should come out nicely.My friend did his car that way(its a suzuki 800) and it turned out to be quite nice. Personally I would use a dark colour as the car seems more inside with dark colours.

Mine came from the factory that way so I did not change the roof. What I do know is that it needs a good scrubbing.

Ad

Thanks for the input Drinu. Yes I'll be definitely using a dark colour for that. The original colour of the interior is a light beige which complements nicely the dark green colour of the body. Having said that, I think I'll be going for a grey since beige is a bit too old school for my likings.

Hi rod mine was exactly the same looking, fluffy, crap, light coloured gig smoke shade, and thought of recovering it, but in the end i removed it and hoovered it and blew it off with the air line and painted it bmw bumper grey 2k paint, very happy with the results looks like it was made for it, i like the idea of the second light as ive just removed one of them multi colour changing bulbs (goes from green to red and so on) but you could'nt see a thing, so refitted the old festoon bulb, i have a few footwell lights i'm going to fit that i relieved from the scrapyard tho! he he Ant!

you know rod I still havent seen any pics of YOUR uno;). Fancy putting some online?

Sure Sure! I'll upload some pics in due course. I haven't yet done that due to the fact that everything is still pretty much the way they came out from the factory. But I'm thinking of modding it up a little :D

I'll try and post some stuff later on this week - as soon as I get hold of my girl's digi-cam ;)

Hi rod mine was exactly the same looking, fluffy, crap, light coloured gig smoke shade, and thought of recovering it, but in the end i removed it and hoovered it and blew it off with the air line and painted it bmw bumper grey 2k paint, very happy with the results looks like it was made for it, i like the idea of the second light as ive just removed one of them multi colour changing bulbs (goes from green to red and so on) but you could'nt see a thing, so refitted the old festoon bulb, i have a few footwell lights i'm going to fit that i relieved from the scrapyard tho! he he Ant!

Ah! So you do understand me very much my friend! But this morn I decided to treat her the way you did: remove it, give it a good scrub and hoover it. Result: no more fluff (y) woohoo! :D

Now all that needs to be dones is to either paint it or cover it with some speaker-carpet to give it a more finished look. Having said that, now I'm in no hurry since the bloody thing isn't dirtying the whole interior anymore hehe :) So I'll have a careful look also at what seat covers I'll be buying (probably greyish) and then I'll just choose a darker colour in the same colour scheme

PS. I was thinking about that colour in fact - I guess it would look mint on my Uno as well! Have you got any pics? Also, what's the colour of your Uno?

Last edited:
Back