Insurance write off advice

Currently reading:
Insurance write off advice

Taif

Hi

Other weekend overnight some unknown moron walked on bonnet & roof of car.

Since this I have had car assessed for insurance & it requires new bonnet & roof. I am waiting to hear from insurers but it will more than likely be written off :mad:

Its a 1.9 jtd(80BHP) multiwagon active 53 plate mileage is 79500.

Any ideas on its value.

If it fir how much you will get on the insurance then the Parkers price guide is pretty acurate.
Can you not have it fixed independantly from insurance? If it not completely caved you should be able to fix it for around £500 at a guess.

Hi volxstu
Bonnet & roof are well knaffed and definately require replacement, I would imagine there will be a considerable Parts & labour cost for roof replacement as this would involve removing windscreen and possibly rear quarterlights and jigging up of replacement roof.

i would of just went to a body shop a few hundred £ would sort it have u got any pics ? the roof should be able to pull back out aswell as the bonet if not there cheap enough at scrap yards

Surely there is no legal way that you can replace the roof as it is an integral part of the frame.

I still think that it can be beaten back out again unless they have bent the support struts. If they have then the fat idiot has well and truly written of the car. Is it Cat A that can only be used for spares?

As an idea, I had a roof ridge tile fall on my car roof in a storm, it punched a hole in the skin of the roof, dented it in by a cm or two, then bounced down the bonnet denting and gouging big chunks out of the paint before doing the same to the front wing. this was on an Audi, the work was mainly labour at cost £750 to fix.

Its the cost of the labour that writes off cars through insurance.

To be honest, I'd suggest accepting the write off, taking any good bits off the car and go buy another one.

Cars are never quite right after major bodywork, there are always niggly rattles or squeaks. I've had a few prangs and if offered, always take the write off. Always. After my Audi was fixed the roof always seemed to moan under heavy cornering. My missus couldn't hear it, but I chopped it in soon after as it bugged me.

Insurance Valued at £1800

Bought it back for £94

Re MOT`d & VIC Checked advertised as Insurance CAT C & Sold for £900
:) :)

Back